The Republic of Racing is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic population of 7.527 billion Racingians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and International Aid. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 22.7%.
The strong Racingian economy, worth 327 trillion Checkered Flags a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 43,575 Checkered Flags, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 422,492 per year while the poor average 216, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Racing's national animal is the Speed Demon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 8 days ago: Racing altered its national flag.
- 19 days ago: Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: #1).
- 55 days ago: Racing was ranked #1 in the region for Most Extreme (last census: Top 5%).
- 70 days ago: Racing fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 75 days ago: Racing fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 76 days ago: Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 77 days ago: Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest (last census: #1).
- 81 days ago: Racing relocated from Balder to Esportiva.
- 81 days ago: Racing was refounded in Balder.
- 90 days ago: Racing ceased to exist.