Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Racing is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-working, democratic population of 7.17 billion Racingians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and International Aid. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 23.2%.
The strong Racingian economy, worth 307 trillion Checkered Flags a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 42,956 Checkered Flags, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 416,492 per year while the poor average 213, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Racing's national animal is the Speed Demon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 9 days ago: Racing fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 14 days ago: Racing fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 15 days ago: Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest (last census: #1).
- 19 days ago: Racing relocated from Balder to Esportiva.
- 19 days ago: Racing was refounded in Balder.
- 28 days ago: Racing ceased to exist.
- 31 days ago: Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 10%).
- 75 days ago: Racing was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 79 days ago: Racing was ranked #1 in the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).