“Quae caret ora cruore nostro!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The Rchanian Empire
The Rchanian Imperial Capital of R539 is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Jeremy Clarkson with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.351 billion R539ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byzantium II. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, the government snoops on private internet connections, R539's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers, and government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. R539's national animal is the Snow Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Stigism, and its currency is the Imperial Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 49 days ago
- 4 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 47 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 48 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 50 days ago: R539's influence in The Rchanian Empire rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- 50 days ago: R539 relocated from Balder to The Rchanian Empire.
- 50 days ago: R539 founded the region The Rchanian Empire.
- 50 days ago: R539 was refounded in Balder.
- 263 days ago: R539 ceased to exist.
- 267 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.