The Rchanian Imperial Capital of R539 is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Jeremy Clarkson with an even hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 10.548 billion R539ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byzantium II. The average income tax rate is 75.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient R539ian economy, worth a remarkable 1,606 trillion Imperial Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 152,313 Imperial Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, the government snoops on private internet connections, R539's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers, and government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. R539's national animal is the Snow Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Stigism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- 5 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 7 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 13 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 14 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 20 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 22 days ago: R539 was refounded in Balder.
- 296 days ago: R539 ceased to exist.
- 311 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 319 days ago: R539 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.