The Third Republic of Qvait is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Margaret Harrison with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 9.073 billion Qvaiticans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 1,826 trillion Pacific dollars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 201,321 Pacific dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Stockholm for fear of causing a fuss, birth rates have hit an all-time low, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the spinner dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Education Act".
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Qvait was endorsed by The Free Land of Tankenburg.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- : Qvait voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Stockholm for fear of causing a fuss.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, many aides in President Margaret Harrison's office are known to be serial jaywalkers.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes.
- : Qvait was endorsed by The Federal Democratic Republic of Bonaugure.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Lioniel, Norgorwenland, Sedunn, SJS Republic, Novo England, United Allied Earth Federation, The Eight Hearths, Cape Adare, Crusader Imperium, Miris, Nacho States, Kiasu-ism, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Great Scapula, Havenwelle, Lolochie, Karnetvor, Domzona, Eta carina 2, The Bloodguard, The United Expanse, Imperiium, Drugged Monkeys, Zadiner, Francesad, Quiescent, Curlyhoward, Valklann, Mughul, FeSterben, Farengeto, Laurana, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Eastern Copek, Arrow-Debreu, Belschaft, Lendonbourg, Kasich-Westwell, Imkitopia, Railana, Hoochland, Techganet, Catochristoferson, Woodikstan, The International Knights, Umberton, Tananat, and 2 others.Bonaugure, and Tankenburg.