The Kingdom of Qvait is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Margaret Harrison with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 9.587 billion Qvaiticans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 2,068 trillion Pacific credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 215,752 Pacific credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, the nation's massive battleships are often mistaken for islands, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the spinner dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the nation's massive battleships are often mistaken for islands.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- : Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Eternal Scholars".
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- : Qvait changed its national leader to "Chancellor Margaret Harrison".
- : Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act"".
Endorsements Received: 51 » Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Lioniel, Norgorwenland, Sedunn, SJS Republic, United Allied Earth Federation, The Eight Hearths, Cape Adare, Crusader Imperium, Miris, Kiasu-ism, Great Scapula, Havenwelle, Lolochie, Karnetvor, Eta carina 2, The Bloodguard, The United Expanse, Imperiium, Drugged Monkeys, Zadiner, Francesad, Quiescent, Curlyhoward, Farengeto, Laurana, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Eastern Copek, Arrow-Debreu, Belschaft, Lendonbourg, Kasich-Westwell, Railana, Hoochland, Techganet, Catochristoferson, Tananat, Bonaugure, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Opplandia, Phillius, Caasd, Threat Level Midnight, Punchwood, Rub al Khali, New Lancre, Ownzone, Hannasea, and 1 other.DontStarve.