The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Aaron McBane with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, digital currency, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 7.256 billion Qvaiticans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 1,291 trillion Pacific dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 178,041 Pacific dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, and Stockholm spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the bluebird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, Stockholm spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preserving Antimicrobials".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, the internet has been placed under government control.
- 5 days ago: Qvait changed its national leader to "President Aaron McBane".
- 5 days ago: Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".
Endorsements Received: 31 » Kringalia, Brutland and Norden, Kholdan, Tsunamy, Karatengisa, PenguinPies, Aschenburg, Sierra Lobo, Lioniel, Caasd, Haddocke, Norgorwenland, Sedunn, Escade, Sandaoguo, SJS Republic, Greece and its Allies, Novo England, Northern Copek, United Allied Earth Federation, Feirmont, Bonaugure, The Eight Hearths, Gimmal, Magnanimity, Brimain, Cape Adare, Ultracrepidarian, Crusader Imperium, Miris, and Nacho States.