“Oɴᴄᴇ, Aʟᴡᴀʏs, Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ; Wɪᴛʜ Vɪʀᴛᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Hᴏɴᴏᴜʀ”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Dmitri Buzinsky with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service. Its compassionate population of 4.577 billion are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers, the government snoops on private internet connections, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, and billions of euros are being blown on orbital weapons development. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the blue-rose dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, billions of euros are being blown on orbital weapons development.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Brutland and Norden, Kringalia, The HEM, Escade, Kholdan, Aramanchovia, Karatengisa, Farengeto, Callistaire, Aschenburg, Sierra Lobo, The Union of Free Individuals, Axelzuera, Church Hills, Pillaganburnistan, Curlyhoward, Ancient Slobovia, American Republic of Independent States, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, Admonora, Alf Landon, Gauthier, Eisendorn, Ameritopoly, Iyadara, Ryccia, Curacaoland, A cool name, and Yeses.