The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Dominic Frost with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 6.69 billion Qvaiticans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 1,133 trillion Pacific dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 169,483 Pacific dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Libraries are bulldozed to make way for internet cafés, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Qvait to be bombproof. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the glass frog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Qvait fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 10 hours ago: Qvait fell out of the regional Top 1% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Qvait to be bombproof.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements.
- 20 hours ago: Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Scientific Cooperation".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, libraries are bulldozed to make way for internet cafés.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Qvait voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Historia Novorum".
Endorsements Received: 33 » TSP-Aramanchovia, Kringalia, Brutland and Norden, Kholdan, Tsunamy, Karatengisa, PenguinPies, TorchWood 18, Aschenburg, Sierra Lobo, Lioniel, Caasd, Haddocke, Norgorwenland, Krillion213, Sedunn, Escade, Roostevelt, Sandaoguo, SJS Republic, Greece and its Allies, Novo England, Northern Copek, United Allied Earth Federation, Feirmont, Bonaugure, Obvious Minefield, The Eight Hearths, Federation of the Resentine Kingdom, Gimmal, Magnanimity, Monowila, and Brimain.