The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Aaron McBane with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, daily referendums, and digital currency. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 7.815 billion Qvaiticans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 1,458 trillion Pacific dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 186,649 Pacific dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, the government has enacted freedom of information, and drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the bluebird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Qvait was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Qvait was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the government has enacted freedom of information.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the number of students attending university has reached a record high.
- : Qvait voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wallenburg".
Endorsements Received: 43 » Kringalia, Brutland and Norden, Tsunamy, Karatengisa, PenguinPies, Aschenburg, Sierra Lobo, Lioniel, Caasd, Norgorwenland, Sedunn, Escade, Sandaoguo, SJS Republic, Greece and its Allies, Novo England, Northern Copek, United Allied Earth Federation, Feirmont, Bonaugure, The Eight Hearths, Magnanimity, Cape Adare, Crusader Imperium, Miris, Nacho States, Kiasu-ism, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Great Scapula, Havenwelle, Hileville, Lolochie, Karnetvor, Imkitopia, Domzona, Cimmerian Sabia, Kaara Moki, Periniminium, Eta carina 2, Sovereign Nation of the Creators, The Bloodguard, Amalice, and The United Expanse.