“Oɴᴄᴇ, Aʟᴡᴀʏs, Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ; Wɪᴛʜ Vɪʀᴛᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Hᴏɴᴏᴜʀ”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Johnathon Victor with an even hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate population of 4.333 billion are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The military has quashed a recent coup attempt, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, children are sent to either religious or secular schools, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the blue-rose dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Best Weather.
- 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- 12 hours ago: Qvait lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, children are sent to either religious or secular schools.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Republic of Curlyhoward.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Qvait voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Qvait endorsed The Republic of Curlyhoward.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Qvait endorsed The Brown Chocolatey Mess of Fudgetopia.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Qvait endorsed The Imperial Zombie Sith Lord of Farengeto.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Brutland and Norden, Kringalia, The HEM, Escade, Kholdan, Aramanchovia, Karatengisa, Farengeto, Callistaire, Aschenburg, Sierra Lobo, The Union of Free Individuals, Aden Protectorate, Despicably Devious Defiant Kooky Koopers, Axelzuera, Church Hills, Pillaganburnistan, and Curlyhoward.