“Oɴᴄᴇ, Aʟᴡᴀʏs, Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ; Wɪᴛʜ Vɪʀᴛᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Hᴏɴᴏᴜʀ”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Johnathon Victor with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate population of 4.364 billion are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Organ donation is compulsory, guns are banned, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options, and the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the blue-rose dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
- 14 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Developed.
- 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options.
- 16 hours ago: Qvait endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Eisendorn.
- 22 hours ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Republic of Patagonya.
- 1 day ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Admonora.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, guns are banned.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Qvait was endorsed by The TSP Resident Crazy of Rebel-topia of the South Pacific.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Brutland and Norden, Kringalia, The HEM, Escade, Kholdan, Aramanchovia, Karatengisa, Farengeto, Callistaire, Aschenburg, Sierra Lobo, The Union of Free Individuals, Aden Protectorate, Axelzuera, Church Hills, Pillaganburnistan, Curlyhoward, The Sanghelios Legion, Ancient Slobovia, American Republic of Independent States, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, Admonora, and Patagonya.