The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Aaron McBane with an even hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, digital currency, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 8.56 billion Qvaiticans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 1,647 trillion Pacific dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Soda Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 192,515 Pacific dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, skateparks can be found in every city, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the bluebird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Qvait was endorsed by The Reborn Order of Eastern Copek.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence.
- : Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Explosive Remnants of War".
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : Qvait was endorsed by The Confederation of Esfalsa.
- : Qvait was endorsed by The Federated Islands of Sandaoguo.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Lioniel, Norgorwenland, Sedunn, SJS Republic, Novo England, United Allied Earth Federation, Bonaugure, The Eight Hearths, Cape Adare, Crusader Imperium, Miris, Nacho States, Kiasu-ism, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Great Scapula, Havenwelle, Lolochie, Karnetvor, Imkitopia, Domzona, Eta carina 2, Sovereign Nation of the Creators, The Bloodguard, The United Expanse, Scyllaland, Imperiium, Drugged Monkeys, Zadiner, Francesad, Tsaqilonesia, Quiescent, Curlyhoward, Valklann, Pontantius, Federation of the Resentine Kingdom, Mughul, FeSterben, MCMASP, Farengeto, Laurana, Kringalia, Thalasse, Sandaoguo, Esfalsa, and Eastern Copek.