“Oɴᴄᴇ, Aʟᴡᴀʏs, Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ; Wɪᴛʜ Vɪʀᴛᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Hᴏɴᴏᴜʀ”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Dmitri Buzinsky with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, digital currency, and museums and concert halls. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 6.323 billion Qvaiticans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 1,054 trillion Pacific dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 166,778 Pacific dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students abandon classrooms for online education, shaken martini sales have soared in nations surrounding Qvait, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, and noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the glass frog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 10 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, shaken martini sales have soared in nations surrounding Qvait.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, students abandon classrooms for online education.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 4 days ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Futuristic Nation of United Allied Earth Federation.
Endorsements Received: 29 » TSP-Aramanchovia, Kringalia, Brutland and Norden, Kholdan, Tsunamy, Karatengisa, PenguinPies, TorchWood 18, Aschenburg, Sierra Lobo, Capricanta, Lioniel, Caasd, Haddocke, Norgorwenland, Krillion213, Sedunn, Escade, Kalukmangala, Roostevelt, Sandaoguo, Ryccia, SJS Republic, Greece and its Allies, Novo England, Bonaugure, Northern Copek, Feirmont, and United Allied Earth Federation.