“Oɴᴄᴇ, Aʟᴡᴀʏs, Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ; Wɪᴛʜ Vɪʀᴛᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Hᴏɴᴏᴜʀ”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Dmitri Buzinsky with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate population of 5.18 billion Qvaiticans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, most citizens in Qvait are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, and military service is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the glass frog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, military service is compulsory.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Qvait was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, most citizens in Qvait are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Kingdom of Haldilwe.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Federation of Sporaltryus.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
Endorsements Received: 33 » Brutland and Norden, Kringalia, The HEM, Kholdan, Karatengisa, Callistaire, Sierra Lobo, The Union of Free Individuals, Axelzuera, Pillaganburnistan, Curlyhoward, Ancient Slobovia, American Republic of Independent States, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, Alf Landon, Gauthier, Ryccia, A cool name, Yeses, Edgardian Empire, South Pacific Belschaft, Sandaoguo, Southern Bellz, TSP-Aramanchovia, The Sanghelios Legion, Darakin, Gemack, The Bloodguard, PenguinPies, Tsunamy, Aschenburg, Sporaltryus, and Haldilwe.