The Kingdom of Qvait is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Chancellor Margaret Harrison with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 9.762 billion Qvaiticans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 2,127 trillion Pacific credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 217,962 Pacific credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students cut up leftover Pacific credits during Arts and Crafts, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys', mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the spinner dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- : Qvait was endorsed by The Empire of Albion and Iwernia.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys'.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, students cut up leftover Pacific credits during Arts and Crafts.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, students abandon classrooms for online education.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, Qvait has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- : Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Sexual Privacy".
Endorsements Received: 49 » Tsunamy, Lioniel, Norgorwenland, Sedunn, SJS Republic, United Allied Earth Federation, The Eight Hearths, Cape Adare, Crusader Imperium, Miris, Kiasu-ism, Great Scapula, Lolochie, Karnetvor, Eta carina 2, The Bloodguard, The United Expanse, Imperiium, Drugged Monkeys, Zadiner, Francesad, Quiescent, Curlyhoward, Farengeto, Laurana, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Eastern Copek, Belschaft, Lendonbourg, Kasich-Westwell, Hoochland, Techganet, Catochristoferson, Tananat, Bonaugure, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Opplandia, Phillius, Caasd, Punchwood, Rub al Khali, New Lancre, Ownzone, DontStarve, Kyheldra, Monkstar, Madhonia, and Gibsonborg.