The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Aaron McBane with an even hand, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, strictly enforced bedtime, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 8.127 billion Qvaiticans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 1,517 trillion Pacific dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 186,711 Pacific dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting is voluntary, torture is illegal, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the bluebird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, torture is illegal.
- : Qvait voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Qvait lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Qvait was endorsed by The Gangnation Republic of Francesad.
- : Qvait was endorsed by The Unknown Substance of Belhomme.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, voting is voluntary.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the Qvait Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the government seizes the property of the recently deceased.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Kringalia, Tsunamy, PenguinPies, Aschenburg, Sierra Lobo, Lioniel, Caasd, Norgorwenland, Sedunn, Sandaoguo, SJS Republic, Greece and its Allies, Novo England, Northern Copek, United Allied Earth Federation, Feirmont, Bonaugure, The Eight Hearths, Cape Adare, Crusader Imperium, Miris, Nacho States, Kiasu-ism, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Great Scapula, Havenwelle, Hileville, Lolochie, Karnetvor, Imkitopia, Domzona, Cimmerian Sabia, Kaara Moki, Periniminium, Eta carina 2, Sovereign Nation of the Creators, The Bloodguard, The United Expanse, Farengeto, Scyllaland, Imperiium, Noctenos, Drugged Monkeys, Zadiner, Belhomme, and Francesad.