“Oɴᴄᴇ, Aʟᴡᴀʏs, Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ; Wɪᴛʜ Vɪʀᴛᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Hᴏɴᴏᴜʀ”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by President Dmitri Buzinsky with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate population of 5.415 billion Qvaiticans are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, and legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the glass frog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Queen Protector of PenguinPies.
- 12 days ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 12 days ago: Qvait was endorsed by The TSP Resident Crazy of Rebel-topia of the South Pacific.
- 12 days ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Elite Vice Delegate of The Sanghelios Legion.
- 13 days ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Yellow Oil ✪ Corporation of Karatengisa.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 14 days ago: Qvait endorsed The South Pacific Delegate of Kringalia.
- 14 days ago: Qvait endorsed The United Kingdom of Brutland and Norden.