The Third Republic of Qvait is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Margaret Harrison with a fair hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 9.203 billion Qvaiticans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 1,886 trillion Pacific dollars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 204,945 Pacific dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', the arms industry is strictly regulated, and dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the spinner dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Arab League".
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- : Qvait was endorsed by The Jingoistic States of Threat Level Midnight.
- : Qvait endorsed The Akiroslobaquia Apprentice of Kringalia.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- : Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Convention on Execution"".
Endorsements Received: 55 » Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Lioniel, Norgorwenland, Sedunn, SJS Republic, United Allied Earth Federation, The Eight Hearths, Cape Adare, Crusader Imperium, Miris, Nacho States, Kiasu-ism, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Great Scapula, Havenwelle, Lolochie, Karnetvor, Domzona, Eta carina 2, The Bloodguard, The United Expanse, Imperiium, Drugged Monkeys, Zadiner, Francesad, Quiescent, Curlyhoward, Farengeto, Laurana, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Eastern Copek, Arrow-Debreu, Belschaft, Lendonbourg, Kasich-Westwell, Imkitopia, Railana, Hoochland, Techganet, Catochristoferson, Woodikstan, The International Knights, Umberton, Tananat, Bonaugure, Tankenburg, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Roavin, and 5 others.Opplandia, Phillius, Aschenburg, Caasd, and Threat Level Midnight.