The Third Republic of Qvait is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Margaret Harrison with an even hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 9.381 billion Qvaiticans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 1,974 trillion Pacific dollars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 210,478 Pacific dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, and most citizens in Qvait are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the spinner dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Qvait was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Punchwood.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, most citizens in Qvait are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- : Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Animal Abuse"".
- : Qvait was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality.
- : Qvait was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Qvait, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Lioniel, Norgorwenland, Sedunn, SJS Republic, United Allied Earth Federation, The Eight Hearths, Cape Adare, Crusader Imperium, Miris, Kiasu-ism, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Great Scapula, Havenwelle, Lolochie, Karnetvor, Eta carina 2, The Bloodguard, The United Expanse, Imperiium, Drugged Monkeys, Zadiner, Francesad, Quiescent, Curlyhoward, Farengeto, Laurana, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Eastern Copek, Arrow-Debreu, Belschaft, Lendonbourg, Kasich-Westwell, Railana, Hoochland, Techganet, Catochristoferson, The International Knights, Tananat, Bonaugure, Tankenburg, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Roavin, Opplandia, Phillius, Aschenburg, Caasd, Threat Level Midnight, and 3 others.Exeggutor, Novo England, and Punchwood.