The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Gabriel West with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and digital currency. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 6.806 billion Qvaiticans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Qvaitican economy, worth a remarkable 1,168 trillion Pacific dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 171,662 Pacific dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, military spending recently hit a new high, churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings', and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the jaguar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 9 days ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- 11 days ago: Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reducing Automobile Emissions"".
- 11 days ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Free Land of Cape Adare.
- 12 days ago: Qvait lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: Qvait lost the endorsement of The Republic of Severip.
- 12 days ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Republic of Severip.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings'.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, military spending recently hit a new high.
- 13 days ago: Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Renegade Islands Alliance".
Endorsements Received: 30 » TSP-Aramanchovia, Kringalia, Brutland and Norden, Kholdan, Tsunamy, Karatengisa, PenguinPies, TorchWood 18, Aschenburg, Sierra Lobo, Lioniel, Caasd, Haddocke, Norgorwenland, Sedunn, Escade, Sandaoguo, SJS Republic, Greece and its Allies, Novo England, Northern Copek, United Allied Earth Federation, Feirmont, Bonaugure, The Eight Hearths, Gimmal, Magnanimity, Monowila, Brimain, and Cape Adare.