“Oɴᴄᴇ, Aʟᴡᴀʏs, Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ; Wɪᴛʜ Vɪʀᴛᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Hᴏɴᴏᴜʀ”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Pacific Republic of Qvait is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Dmitri Buzinsky with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service. The compassionate, cynical population of 5.734 billion Qvaiticans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', meat is a luxury afforded only to the wealthy, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qvait's national animal is the glass frog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Pacific dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions.
- 11 hours ago: Qvait was endorsed by The Principality of Caasd.
- 15 hours ago: Qvait lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 16 hours ago: Qvait was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, meat is a luxury afforded only to the wealthy.
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons'.
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qvait, the government seizes the property of the recently deceased.
- 18 hours ago: Qvait voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Hobbesistan"".
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Qvait was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).