The Republique of Quebec is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 29.325 billion Québécois enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, with Welfare and Environment also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 35.4%.
The strong Quebecian economy, worth a remarkable 2,197 trillion dollar a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 74,934 dollar, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 237,025 per year while the poor average 18,081, a ratio of 13.1 to 1.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the government seizes all major gold finds, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Quebec's national animal is the Harfang des neiges, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations, Most Cheerful Citizens, and Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 5% for Most Influential and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Quebec fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.