The Republique of Quebec is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its national health service, state-planned economy, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 28.182 billion Québécois enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, with Welfare and Environment also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 35.6%.
The strong Quebecian economy, worth a remarkable 2,110 trillion dollar a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 74,892 dollar, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 238,587 per year while the poor average 17,884, a ratio of 13.3 to 1.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the government seizes all major gold finds, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Quebec's national animal is the Harfang des neiges, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Quebec's influence in Quebec fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Quebec's influence in Quebec rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Quebec fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest (last census: Top 5%).
- : Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.