The Republique of Quebec is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 27.69 billion Québécois enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, although Welfare and Environment are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 35.6%.
The strong Quebecian economy, worth a remarkable 2,073 trillion dollar a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 74,892 dollar, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 238,587 per year while the poor average 17,884, a ratio of 13.3 to 1.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the government seizes all major gold finds, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Quebec's national animal is the Harfang des neiges, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quebec fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest (last census: Top 5%).
- : Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Quebec was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 1%).
- : Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Quebec fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Quebec fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.