“Je me souviens”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Power
The Republique of Quebec is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its strong anti-business policies. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 26.365 billion Québécois enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, although Welfare and Environment are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.6%.
The strong Quebecian economy, worth a remarkable 1,955 trillion dollar a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 74,188 dollar, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 236,342 per year while the poor average 17,716, a ratio of 13.3 to 1.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the government seizes all major gold finds, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Quebec's national animal is the Harfang des neiges, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Quebec is ranked 1st in Quebec and 7,840th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 525.5 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 5 hours ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 12 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 19 days ago: Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 48 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 66 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 76 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 84 days ago: Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 92 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.