“Je me souviens”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Power
The Republique of Quebec is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 17.627 billion, 17.208 billion of whom are zombies, Québécois enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and the Environment are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the government seizes all major gold finds, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Quebec's national animal is the Harfang des neiges, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the dollars.
Quebec is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 1.62%
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 6 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 16 days ago: Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 22 days ago: Quebec's influence in Quebec rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 28 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 31 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 34 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 36 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 37 days ago: Quebec's influence in Quebec fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 39 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 41 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.