The Republique of Quebec is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 27.294 billion Québécois enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, although Welfare and Environment are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 35.6%.
The strong Quebecian economy, worth a remarkable 2,044 trillion dollar a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 74,892 dollar, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 238,587 per year while the poor average 17,884, a ratio of 13.3 to 1.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the government seizes all major gold finds, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Quebec's national animal is the Harfang des neiges, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Quebec is ranked 6th in Quebec and 70,697th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 59 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 33 days ago
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Quebec fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Quebec fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 28 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 44 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- 51 days ago: Quebec fell out of the world Top 5% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 81 days ago: Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 84 days ago: Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 88 days ago: Quebec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 91 days ago: Quebec fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 116 days ago: Quebec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).