The Socialist Democracy of Quasi-Millitary is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Erich Honecker with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 11.147 billion Socialists are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of East Picon. The average income tax rate is 96.5%.
The strong Quasi-Millitaryian economy, worth 958 trillion QMS a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 85,982 QMS, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, the government pours millions of QMs into rehabilitation programs annually, emergency room admissions for 'stampede injuries' have skyrocketed since the introduction of weekly Sabbath Eve sales, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Quasi-Millitary's national animal is the Cylon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Quasi Socialism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quasi-Millitary's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Quasi-Millitary's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Quasi-Millitary's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Quasi-Millitary was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality and the Top 5% for Most Devout, Most Beautiful Environments, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Quasi-Millitary's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Quasi-Millitary altered its national flag.
- : Quasi-Millitary was refounded in Balder.
- : Quasi-Millitary ceased to exist.
- : Quasi-Millitary's influence in Island Continent fell from "Dominator" to "Power".
- : Quasi-Millitary's influence in Island Continent rose from "Power" to "Dominator".