“'Risen from the Ashes'”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Island Continent
The Socialist Democracy of Quasi-Millitary is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Erich Honecker with an even hand, and notable for its parental licensing program. The compassionate, intelligent population of 10.634 billion Socialists are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of East Picon. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, the government pours millions of QMs into rehabilitation programs annually, emergency room admissions for 'stampede injuries' have skyrocketed since the introduction of weekly Sabbath Eve sales, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Quasi-Millitary's national animal is the Cylon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Quasi Socialism, and its currency is the QM.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 16 hours ago
- 12 days ago: Quasi-Millitary was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 29 days ago: Quasi-Millitary changed its national demonym to "Socialist".
- 29 days ago: Quasi-Millitary changed its national demonym to "Colonials".
- 50 days ago: Quasi-Millitary's influence in Island Continent fell from "Dominator" to "Power".
- 51 days ago: Quasi-Millitary was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 10%).
- 57 days ago: Quasi-Millitary's influence in Island Continent rose from "Power" to "Dominator".
- 87 days ago: Quasi-Millitary lodged a message on the Island Continent Regional Message Board.
- 203 days ago: Quasi-Millitary altered its national flag.
- 207 days ago: Quasi-Millitary relocated from Lazarus to Island Continent.
- 207 days ago: Quasi-Millitary altered its national flag.