“Love of Country, Love of Countrymen.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: European Continent
The State of Quaon is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Andrei Makarovitch Yanosky with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 18.984 billion Quaonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kiev. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 86%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Gambling.
Museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Quaon's national animal is the owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the ruble.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 14 days ago: Quaon fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 20 days ago: Quaon's influence in European Continent fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 22 days ago: Quaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: Quaon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 33 days ago: Quaon's influence in European Continent rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 35 days ago: Quaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Quaon fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 60 days ago: Quaon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 60 days ago: Following new legislation in Quaon, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 60 days ago: Following new legislation in Quaon, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.