The State of Quaon is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Andrei Makarovitch Yanosky with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 21.072 billion Quaonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kiev. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 41.7%.
The all-consuming Quaonian economy, worth a remarkable 2,925 trillion rubles a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 138,832 rubles, with the richest citizens earning 5.5 times as much as the poorest.
Museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown. Quaon's national animal is the owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quaon proposed constructing embassies between European Continent and American Continent.
- : Quaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Quaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- : Quaon fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Quaon updated the World Factbook entry in European Continent.
- : Quaon rejected a request from Dill Country for an embassy with European Continent.
- : Quaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Quaon added the tag "Role Player" to European Continent.
- : Quaon altered the regional flag of European Continent.
- : Quaon established the regional flag of European Continent.