The Queen's State of Quab is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its public floggings, complete lack of prisons, and absence of drug laws. The democratic population of 13.448 billion Quabians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Education, Welfare, and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Environment aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 6.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Quabian economy, worth 587 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 43,695 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Quab is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been recorded, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Quab's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Quab's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Quab's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Quab's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Quab's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Quab relocated from Brazzaville to Ancient Lands.
- : Quab relocated from Jamaica to Brazzaville.
- : Quab relocated from South China Sea to Jamaica.
- : Quab relocated from Kalmykia to South China Sea.
- : Quab's influence in Kalmykia rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".