The Queen's State of Quab is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and complete lack of prisons. The democratic population of 13.817 billion Quabians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, although Education, Welfare, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Law & Order and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 6.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Quabian economy, worth 603 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 43,695 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been recorded, the government is avowedly atheist, and Quab has designated Capital Heights as its capital city. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Quab's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quab's influence in Ancient Lands fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".
- : Quab's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Quab changed its national capital to "Capital Heights".
- : Following new legislation in Quab, Quab has designated Capital Heights as its capital city.
- : Quab altered its national flag.
- : Quab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Quab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Quab's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Quab's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Quab's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".