“Nations, like stars, are entitled to eclipse.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Something Completely Different
The Resurrection of Qawanza is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Alexander Yalt with a fair hand, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.958 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katla. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling, Information Technology, and Book Publishing industries.
Houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want, and mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Qawanza's national animal is the chazzwazzer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is chosen by popular vote, and its currency is the que.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 9 days ago: Qawanza fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 52 days ago: Qawanza was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 82 days ago: Qawanza was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 109 days ago: Qawanza was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 112 days ago: Qawanza approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Internet Net Neutrality Act"".
- 127 days ago: Qawanza was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
- 135 days ago: Qawanza voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Firearm Safety Act".
- 149 days ago: Following new legislation in Qawanza, mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country.
- 150 days ago: Qawanza voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Copyright Recognition".
- 167 days ago: Following new legislation in Qawanza, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want.
Endorsements Received: 1 (Achterdeur)