The Abyssal Caverns of PurgatoryHell is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The Man in the Suit with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 16.572 billion PurgatoryHellspawn are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stull Cemetary. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 59.2%.
The frighteningly efficient PurgatoryHellspawn economy, worth a remarkable 9,601 trillion I-O-U -es a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is a breathtaking 579,385 I-O-U -es, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 5,168,115 per year while the poor average 8,647, a ratio of 597 to 1.
Cities are engulfed by smog, political activists are routinely executed, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, and guns are banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. PurgatoryHell's national animal is the Unsightly Bum, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Waterboarding.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in PurgatoryHell, guns are banned.
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in PurgatoryHell, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in PurgatoryHell, political activists are routinely executed.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in PurgatoryHell, cities are engulfed by smog.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in PurgatoryHell, the military invades any neighboring nation with the gall to criticize its policies.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: PurgatoryHell was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: #1).
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in PurgatoryHell, scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in PurgatoryHell, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in PurgatoryHell, there is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: PurgatoryHell lodged a message on the The Versutian Federation Regional Message Board.