“When you're out of your mind, borrow someone else's.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
The Free Realms of Pure Thought is a gargantuan, devout nation, notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 24.591 billion Pure Thinkers are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Athenai. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds, and tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pure Thought's national animal is the Oscillating Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the platinum-clott.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 6 days ago: Pure Thought was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 14 days ago: Pure Thought was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Pure Thought was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 19 days ago: Pure Thought was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 22 days ago: Pure Thought lodged a message on the California Regional Message Board.
- 27 days ago: Pure Thought's influence in California fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 27 days ago: Pure Thought altered its national flag.
- 27 days ago: Pure Thought changed its national demonym to "Pure Thinker" and its demonym adjective to "Pure Thinking".
- 27 days ago: Pure Thought relocated from Osiris to California.
- 27 days ago: Pure Thought was refounded in Osiris.