“Impedio ut Lex”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Imperial Dominion of Pulcifer is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Viceroy James de Riven with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 13.245 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azrael. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, all weapon research has been banned, and torture is illegal. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pulcifer's national animal is the Raven, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Viceregal Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 9 hours ago
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Pulcifer applied to join the World Assembly.
- 12 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 21 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 1%).
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Pulcifer, torture is illegal.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Pulcifer, all weapon research has been banned.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Pulcifer, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Pulcifer, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Pulcifer, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- 35 days ago: Pulcifer fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.