“Impedio ut Lex”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Imperial Dominion of Pulcifer is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Viceroy James de Riven with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 13.489 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azrael. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, all weapon research has been banned, and torture is illegal. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pulcifer's national animal is the Raven, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Viceregal Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Pulcifer was endorsed by The Kingdom of Isidor C Stark.
- 16 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 21 days ago: Pulcifer was endorsed by The Jarl of Charles Cerebella.
- 21 days ago: Pulcifer was endorsed by The Balder King of North East Somerset.
- 21 days ago: Pulcifer voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Slavia"".
- 21 days ago: Pulcifer voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Universal Suffrage Act".
- 21 days ago: Pulcifer was admitted to the World Assembly.