“Impedio ut Lex”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Imperial Dominion of Pulcifer is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Viceroy James de Riven with a fair hand, and notable for its parental licensing program. The compassionate, intelligent population of 14.22 billion Pulciferians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azrael. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, all weapon research has been banned, and torture is illegal. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pulcifer's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Viceregal Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 4 days ago: Pulcifer was endorsed by The Democratic Ducal Fiefdoms of Daevrojnia.
- 17 days ago: Pulcifer was endorsed by The Jarl of Charles Cerebella.
- 17 days ago: Pulcifer was endorsed by The Principality of Zinoquia.
- 17 days ago: Pulcifer lost the endorsement of The Pure Evil of North East Somerset.
- 17 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 26 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 31 days ago: Pulcifer was endorsed by The Ancient Nordics Lands of Solorni.
- 53 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 1%).
- 69 days ago: Pulcifer was endorsed by Volgo.