“Impedio ut Lex”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Imperial Dominion of Pulcifer is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Viceroy James de Riven with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 11.644 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azrael. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Max Barry is this year's Miss Pulcifer, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', prices for nearly everything reach all time highs as business subsidies are discontinued, and the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pulcifer's national animal is the Raven, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Viceregal Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 22 hours ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 1%).
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Pulcifer was ranked #1 in the region for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 1%).
- 5 days ago: Pulcifer fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 6 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 1%).
- 8 days ago: Pulcifer fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 8 days ago: Pulcifer fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: Pulcifer voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 9 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Pulcifer was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).