“Ibunt in tenebras fratres”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Protectorate of PRW is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.956 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ryan. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Retail and Arms Manufacturing.
A cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging, hairdressers are among those who have disappeared overnight, and children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. PRW's national animal is the West Highland White Terrier, its national religion is Chancellor Albert Grand, and its currency is the Folet.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 23 days ago: PRW relocated from Balder to Kennan.
- 23 days ago: PRW was refounded in Balder.
- 23 days ago: PRW ceased to exist.
- 51 days ago: PRW relocated from Balder to Kennan.
- 51 days ago: PRW was refounded in Balder.
- 52 days ago: PRW ceased to exist.
- 65 days ago: PRW fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 86 days ago: PRW's influence in Kennan rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 88 days ago: PRW lodged a message on the Kennan Regional Message Board.
- 101 days ago: PRW was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).