“Revolutions are the locomotives of history”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Nation of Nations and Friends
The Peoples Red Republic of Proletariat is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. Its compassionate, cynical population of 4.113 billion are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lenin. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
Referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, a fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion, and phone taps are frequently carried out by the police. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Proletariat's national animal is the Bolshevik, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 25 days ago
- 11 days ago: Proletariat fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 25 days ago: Proletariat altered its national flag.
- 25 days ago: Proletariat relocated from Balder to The Nation of Nations and Friends.
- 25 days ago: Proletariat was refounded in Balder.
- 95 days ago: Proletariat ceased to exist.
- 97 days ago: Proletariat fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 103 days ago: Proletariat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- 103 days ago: Proletariat fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 126 days ago: Proletariat's influence in The Nation of Nations and Friends fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 128 days ago: Proletariat's influence in The Nation of Nations and Friends rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".