“Pro Bonus Totus”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: RadioStar Region
The Commonwealth of Progressive Union is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Jude Connors with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate population of 8.025 billion Progressive Unionists have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Connorston. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Inheritance tax has recently been abolished, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, all news sources are under strict government control, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Progressive Union's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 86 minutes ago: Progressive Union's influence in RadioStar Region rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- 86 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Progressive Union, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 86 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Progressive Union, all news sources are under strict government control.
- 86 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Progressive Union, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- 86 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Progressive Union, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 86 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Progressive Union, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- 10 hours ago: Progressive Union published "A NEW Casual/Social Region Awaits You" (Bulletin: News).
- 10 hours ago: Progressive Union applied to join the World Assembly.
- 10 hours ago: Progressive Union altered its national flag.
- 11 hours ago: Progressive Union added the tag "Social" to RadioStar Region.