The Constitutional Tetrarchy of Pratse is a massive, genial nation, ruled by the Tetrarchs with an even hand, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, compulsory military service, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 4.578 billion Pratseans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pratterhof. The average income tax rate is 95.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Pratsean economy, worth 457 trillion Gehrungs a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 100,039 Gehrungs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, the teaching of evolution has been banned, torture is illegal, and homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pratse's national animal is the garghole, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Sonderweg.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 5 days ago: Pratse was endorsed by The ICly Non Existant State of Fallenrun.
- 10 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 11 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 19 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 22 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 25 days ago: Pratse fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 25 days ago: Pratse fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 29 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.