The Constitutional Tetrarchy of Pratse is a massive, safe nation, ruled by the Tetrarchs with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 4.99 billion Pratseans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pratterhof. The average income tax rate is 94.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Pratsean economy, worth 499 trillion Gehrungs a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 100,077 Gehrungs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, the teaching of evolution has been banned, torture is illegal, and homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pratse's national animal is the garghole, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Sonderweg.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 6 days ago: Pratse fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 12 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 46 days ago: Pratse's influence in Hemithea rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 49 days ago: Pratse endorsed The ICly Non Existant State of Fallenrun.
- 55 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 57 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 60 days ago: Pratse fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 67 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 67 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 5%).