“LŽg Theos velsigne Pršttsog”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Glorious Nations of Iwaku
The Begravelsespolka of Pratse is a massive, devout nation, ruled by Matvei Nikolaevich Polyakov with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.342 billion Pratseans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, the Environment, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prokhorovka. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and foreigners are treated with great suspicion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pratse's national animal is the garghole, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Reverence of the Powers That Be, and its currency is the Sol.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 6 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 9 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 11 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 13 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 18 days ago: Pratse altered its national flag.
- 35 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 39 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 41 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 43 days ago: Pratse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).