The New Tetrarchy of Pratse is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by the Tetrarchs with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 7.346 billion Pratseans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pratterhof. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Pratsean economy, worth 784 trillion Gehrungs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 106,856 Gehrungs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Groups of government workers are declared protected tribes if they venture too deep into the Capitol, the police insist that racism does not exist, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, and corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pratse's national animal is the garghole, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sonderweg.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth, Most Efficient Economies, and Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Pratse, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients.
- : Following new legislation in Pratse, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Pratse's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Pratse's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Pratse's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Pratse's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Pratse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Nicest Citizens.
- : Pratse was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Pratse ceased to exist.