“Fall seven times, stand up eight.”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Iron Curtain
The Dormant Syndicate of Pratse is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Alexander Humboldt with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate population of 1.721 billion are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, the Environment, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Decapolis. The average income tax rate is 93%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, the government pours millions of Sols into rehabilitation programs annually, military service is compulsory, and motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pratse's national animal is the garghole, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Praticism, and its currency is the Sol.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Pratse's influence in The Iron Curtain rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Pratse's influence in The Iron Curtain fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Pratse composed a new Welcome Telegram for The Iron Curtain.
- 4 days ago: Pratse's influence in The Iron Curtain fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 5 days ago: Pratse's influence in The Iron Curtain fell from "Hermit" to "Superpower".
- 5 days ago: Pratse's influence in The Iron Curtain rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Pratse, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Pratse, military service is compulsory.
- 6 days ago: Pratse relocated from The Independent Order to The Iron Curtain.
- 6 days ago: Pratse founded the region The Iron Curtain.