“Reward the good and punish the wicked”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United States of Pratik Basu is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate population of 6.108 billion Pratik Basuans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on the Environment, although Education and Social Welfare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Parkesine. The average income tax rate is 71%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All-natural foods are becoming a major fad, an enormous health awareness programme is underway, people have to sneak out of the country in order to have sex, and a spate of enforced closures has left 'Government FM' as the nation's only radio station. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pratik Basu's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Pratik Basu relocated from Community of Independent Nations to India.
- 7 days ago: Pratik Basu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 7 days ago: Pratik Basu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 11 days ago: Pratik Basu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Black Riders".
- 15 days ago: Pratik Basu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Improving Wordiness".
- 21 days ago: Pratik Basu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Individual Working Freedoms".
- 22 days ago: Pratik Basu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Panem"".
- 49 days ago: Pratik Basu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Riftend".
- 49 days ago: Pratik Basu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Hydraulic Fracturing".
- 52 days ago: Pratik Basu fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
Endorsements Received: None.