The Supreme Realm of Praetiam is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program, prohibition of alcohol, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 8.284 billion Praetiamians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Environment isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Praetiam City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 81.3%.
The all-consuming Praetiamian economy, worth a remarkable 1,213 trillion Praetiks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 146,436 Praetiks, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Government-run brothels can be found on every street corner, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, daily newspapers are permitted to run only pro-government stories, and the government has hired out-of-work fashion designers to design purses for men. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Praetiam's national animal is the Praeterbear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Praetiam was struck by a Cure Missile from The Free Land of Holykol, curing 99 million infected.
- : Praetiam fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Praetiam fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Praetiam was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : Praetiam fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Praetiam fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Praetiam fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Praetiam fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Praetiam was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Praetiam was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 10%).