“Gloria Revolution series fragmentis Capitalismus!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Socialist Commonwealth of Post War America is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Nataliya Valinova with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.919 billion Commonwealthers are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veluna City. The average income tax rate is 97%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism.
Tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Nataliya Valinova's bedroom. Crime is well under control. Post War America's national animal is the Red Tailed Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is No Religion, and its currency is the Universal Trade System.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 minutes ago
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 4 days ago: Post War America fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 5 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 6 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
- 9 days ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Post War America voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II"".
- 12 days ago: Post War America fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 12 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The General Patent Charter"".
- 14 days ago: Post War America voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The International Communist Union".
- 16 days ago: Post War America voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
Endorsements Received: None.