The Socialist Commonwealth of Post War America is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Nataliya Valinova with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.207 billion Commonwealthers are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veluna City. The average income tax rate is 96.0%.
The thriving Commonwealth economy, worth a remarkable 1,149 trillion Universal Trade Systems a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 112,642 Universal Trade Systems, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Nataliya Valinova's bedroom, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and voting is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown. Post War America's national animal is the Red Tailed Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is No Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 8 days ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 20 days ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 49 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Tiago Silva"".
- 49 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 50 days ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 53 days ago: Post War America fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 55 days ago: Post War America voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Historia Novorum".
- 55 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 75 days ago: Post War America fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 78 days ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: None.