“Gloria Revolution series fragmentis Capitalismus!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Socialist Commonwealth of Post War America is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Nataliya Valinova with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.295 billion Commonwealthers are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veluna City. The average income tax rate is 98%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Nataliya Valinova's bedroom, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is well under control. Post War America's national animal is the Red Tailed Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is No Religion, and its currency is the Universal Trade System.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Post War America voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Pauline Bonaparte".
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Post War America lodged a message on the Mystria Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Post War America changed its national demonym adjective to "Commonwealth".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Post War America, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 10 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa Dreiundzwanzig".
- 10 days ago: Post War America changed its national demonym adjective to "American".
- 11 days ago: Post War America created a custom banner.
- 12 days ago: Post War America lodged a message on the Meridon Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: Post War America lodged a message on the Meridon Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.