The Socialist Commonwealth of Post War America is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Nataliya Valinova with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.72 billion Commonwealthers love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veluna City. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The thriving Commonwealth economy, worth a remarkable 1,092 trillion Universal Trade Systems a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 112,405 Universal Trade Systems, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Nataliya Valinova's bedroom, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and voting is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown. Post War America's national animal is the Red Tailed Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is No Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Post War America voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Luna Amore".
- 4 days ago: Post War America voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 9 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- 9 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Genetically Modified Foods"".
- 11 days ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 11 days ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 12 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act".
- 13 days ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Post War America fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 21 days ago: Post War America was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: None.