“Gloria Revolution series fragmentis Capitalismus!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Socialist Commonwealth of Post War America is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Nataliya Valinova with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.415 billion Commonwealthers are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veluna City. The average income tax rate is 97%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism.
Tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Nataliya Valinova's bedroom. Crime is totally unknown. Post War America's national animal is the Red Tailed Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is No Religion, and its currency is the Universal Trade System.
Most Recent Government Activity: 68 minutes ago
- 3 hours ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Post War America voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 5 days ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 6 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 8 days ago: Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 10 days ago: Post War America fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 10 days ago: Post War America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
Endorsements Received: None.