The Holiday Paradise of Port Louis is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Himself with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 13.871 billion Port Louisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Public Transport, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Louis. The average income tax rate is 76.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Port Louisian economy, worth a remarkable 1,031 trillion mauritian rupees a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,389 mauritian rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, business is adjusting to new gender equality policies in the workplace, the government has enacted freedom of information, and Port Louis's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Port Louis's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Port Louis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- : Port Louis's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Port Louis's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Port Louis's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Port Louis's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Port Louis was refounded in Balder.
- : Port Louis ceased to exist.
- : Port Louis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- : Port Louis's influence in Pacific rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Following new legislation in Port Louis, Port Louis's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.