The Holiday Paradise of Port Louis is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Himself with an even hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, public floggings, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 15.231 billion Port Louisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Public Transport, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Louis. The average income tax rate is 76.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Port Louisian economy, worth a remarkable 1,112 trillion mauritian rupees a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 73,048 mauritian rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, business is adjusting to new gender equality policies in the workplace, the government has enacted freedom of information, and Port Louis's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Port Louis's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Port Louis's influence in Balder rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Port Louis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Port Louis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Port Louis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Port Louis voted for The Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas in Round 3 of the election.
- : Port Louis voted for The Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas in Round 2 of the election.
- : Port Louis's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Port Louis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive, Most Advanced Public Transport, Largest Populations, and Largest Black Market and the Top 10% for Highest Economic Output.
- : Port Louis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- : Port Louis's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".