The Migrant Fleet of Port Arcana is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by a council of pirate captains with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, rampant corporate plagiarism, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 11.769 billion Port Arcanans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of flagship HMS Victoria. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but sluggish Port Arcanan economy, worth 572 trillion copper pieces a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 48,640 copper pieces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Port Arcana's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy, artists are pillars of society, and children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life. Crime is totally unknown. Port Arcana's national animal is the monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 12 hours ago: Port Arcana was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 6 days ago: Port Arcana was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 8 days ago: Port Arcana was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Port Arcana, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Port Arcana, artists are pillars of society.
- 12 days ago: Port Arcana changed its national capital to "flagship HMS Victoria".
- 12 days ago: Port Arcana changed its national capital to "HMS Victoria".
- 12 days ago: Port Arcana was refounded in Osiris.
- 1 year 157 days ago: Port Arcana ceased to exist.
- 1 year 164 days ago: Port Arcana was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.