The Republic of Porcu is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Vopiscus Tarquinius Atratinus with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, strictly enforced bedtime, and national health service. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 23.911 billion Porcuians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ariminae. The average income tax rate is 73.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Porcuian economy, worth a remarkable 6,599 trillion Denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an amazing 275,983 Denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Strategic bombers are being converted into preschools, the Porcuian Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation, with great power generation comes great responsibility, and bands of paramedics walk the streets looking for suspicious medical activity. Crime is totally unknown. Porcu's national animal is the Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, bands of paramedics walk the streets looking for suspicious medical activity.
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, with great power generation comes great responsibility.
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, the Porcuian Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation.
- : Porcu's influence in NationStates World Regions rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, strategic bombers are being converted into preschools.
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate.
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Porcu Blood Tithe.
- : Porcu's influence in NationStates World Regions fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Porcu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, poaching has been on the rise after animals from the nation's zoos were released into the wild.