The Republic of Porcu is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Vopiscus Tarquinius Atratinus with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, rampant corporate plagiarism, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 21 billion Porcuians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Healthcare and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ariminae. The average income tax rate is 2.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Porcuian economy, worth a remarkable 6,179 trillion Denariuses a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 294,279 Denariuses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and warfare increasingly resembles a video game. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Porcu's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Porcu, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Porcu, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Porcu, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Porcu's influence in European Continent rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Porcu, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Porcu, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 4 days ago: Porcu was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Porcu, there is a dearth of space for new houses.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Porcu, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget'.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Porcu, abortions are routinely performed in Porcu's hospitals.