The Republic of Porcu is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Vopiscus Tarquinius Atratinus with a fair hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, ubiquitous missile silos, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 22.551 billion Porcuians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ariminae. The average income tax rate is 44.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Porcuian economy, worth a remarkable 6,510 trillion Denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Book Publishing, Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 288,681 Denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Porcuian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, students cut up leftover Denarii during Arts and Crafts, and voting is voluntary. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Porcu's national animal is the Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, voting is voluntary.
- : Porcu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, students cut up leftover Denarii during Arts and Crafts.
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- : Porcu's influence in NationStates World Regions rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, the Porcuian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances.
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies.
- : Porcu's influence in NationStates World Regions rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, birds and children's kites are regularly brought down by anti-aircraft fire.
- : Following new legislation in Porcu, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.