The Queen's State of Poplar Grove is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 10.68 billion Poplar Groveans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 79.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Poplar Grovean economy, worth 47.8 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 4,480 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, none has been named as Poplar Grove's national religion, the government is cutting back on the number of political prisoners executed each year, and the deer is a protected species. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Poplar Grove's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Poplar Grove relocated from Lazarus to B1 Kingdom.
- : Poplar Grove was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Poplar Grove ceased to exist.
- : Poplar Grove was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Poplar Grove was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Poplar Grove fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Poplar Grove was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Poplar Grove was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : Poplar Grove was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- : Poplar Grove was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Safest.