The Queen's State of Poplar Grove is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 10.988 billion Poplar Groveans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 79.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Poplar Grovean economy, worth 49.2 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 4,480 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, none has been named as Poplar Grove's national religion, the government is cutting back on the number of political prisoners executed each year, and the deer is a protected species. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Poplar Grove's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Poplar Grove was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Poplar Grove was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Conservative.
- : Poplar Grove was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Poplar Grove was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Poplar Grove's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Poplar Grove's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Poplar Grove's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Poplar Grove relocated from B1 Kingdom to Ancient Lands.
- : Poplar Grove was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Poplar Grove was ranked #1 in the region for Safest.