The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 15.768 billion Pope Joaners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,506 trillion souls a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 222,352 souls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Skateparks can be found in every city, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, commuter vessels have trouble staying afloat due to increased passengers, and X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Hell".
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Federal Republic of Francalba.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Free Land of Donald Sanders.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Community of Vulcain.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Francalba.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Free Land of Donald Sanders.
- : Pope Joan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector, the Top 5% for Largest Cheese Export Sector, and the Top 10% for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Community of Vulcain.
- : Pope Joan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Animal Abuse".
Endorsements Received: 75 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Aevana, Gooblaria, Fifthland, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Ice Hellion, Bakilior, Glorious Britannian Empire, Trollfaceia, Athorack, Balkania Corp, Meropis, NGC 6543, Fandavia, Arwanezh, Lockerson, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Great Eldaria, Fionima, Islamic Republic Of Aceh, Paredonia, United industrial, Royal Denmark, Yevata, Mediocris Imperium, Yngaevonia, The Republic of Extreme Fairness, Tomaenia, Haagland, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Marnip, Anglo-Canadian commonwealth, Possibly this, Federation Of Sovereign States, GCMR of Cokeland, Kiosland, Drewsnia, Intergalactic Super Pandas, Pangero, Slavicstonia, Orcish States, Portuguese Lusitania, Etyria, Sartaria, Adenarin, Nippluania, Yoghoo, and 25 others.Darbystan, Murden, Ardlandia, Matriea, Scandinavia and Germany, Khorusan, Shadowinia, Oblaestein, Omaha Utopia, Kingdom of Nikolajopolis, Arylle, Humanisia, Lulicia, Rellacrystal, Malashaan Colony, Pichtonia, LA REPUBLICA NUEVA, Unisteia, Trinnien, Potchen, Athenalion, Doggyone, Gordio, Vulcain, and Francalba.