The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Pope Joan with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, deadly medical pandemics, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 16.147 billion Pope Joaners enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,576 trillion souls a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 221,521 souls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pope Joan has taken the radical step of electing its future leaders, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Pope Joan, and nighttime sightings of raccoons sporting Circle-A patches and bandanna masks are on the rise. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Cladestiny.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Holy Empire of Dia Scotia.
- : Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, nighttime sightings of raccoons sporting Circle-A patches and bandanna masks are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Pope Joan.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Dia Scotia.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Cladestiny.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- : Pope Joan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Aevana, Gooblaria, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Ice Hellion, Bakilior, Trollfaceia, Athorack, Balkania Corp, Meropis, NGC 6543, Fandavia, Lockerson, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Great Eldaria, Fionima, Islamic Republic of Aceh, Paredonia, Royal Denmark, Mediocris Imperium, Yngaevonia, The Republic of Extreme Fairness, Tomaenia, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Marnip, Possibly this, Federation Of Sovereign States, Kiosland, Intergalactic Super Pandas, Portuguese Lusitania, Sartaria, Nippluania, Yoghoo, Darbystan, Murden, Ardlandia, Matriea, Scandinavia and Germany, Khorusan, Shadowinia, Omaha Utopia, Kingdom of Nikolajopolis, Humanisia, Rellacrystal, Malashaan Colony, Pichtonia, Unisteia, and 27 others.Trinnien, Potchen, Athenalion, Doggyone, Gordio, Vulcain, Francalba, Keyshia, Gruvhagen, Elizabeth II Windsor, The Gatewatch, Arvidius, Felanland, Orztotskha, Llananas, Lindef, Waheelaland, Spagbolopolis, Haagland, Liotkuor, Kyrokesia, Morbidity, Metal Alliance of Mavor, Schengenistas, Altzo and Greater Berenia, Cladestiny, and Dia Scotia.