The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Pope Joan with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, lack of airports, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 16.527 billion Pope Joaners enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,740 trillion souls a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 226,327 souls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants, and it is rumoured that Pope Joan uses a magic 8-ball to make policy decisions. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pope Joan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, it is rumoured that Pope Joan uses a magic 8-ball to make policy decisions.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants.
- : Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Holy Blue Zombie Horde of South grand mountain.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Holy Blue Zombie Horde of South grand mountain.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Free Land of Hais.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, 'Mountain Doobie' is widely regarded as the nation's favourite drink.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Aevana, Gooblaria, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Ice Hellion, Trollfaceia, Athorack, Balkania Corp, Meropis, NGC 6543, Fandavia, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Great Eldaria, Paredonia, Royal Denmark, Yngaevonia, The Republic of Extreme Fairness, Tomaenia, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Possibly this, Kiosland, Intergalactic Super Pandas, Sartaria, Nippluania, Darbystan, Murden, Ardlandia, Matriea, Khorusan, Omaha Utopia, Kingdom of Nikolajopolis, Malashaan Colony, Pichtonia, Unisteia, Potchen, Athenalion, Doggyone, Gordio, Vulcain, Francalba, Keyshia, Elizabeth II Windsor, The Gatewatch, Arvidius, Felanland, Llananas, Lindef, and 27 others.Spagbolopolis, Haagland, Kyrokesia, Schengenistas, Altzo and Greater Berenia, Dia Scotia, Karkabov, Chuzitsa, Hasbergen, Ablonezia, Ellisjo94, Leinadior, The Vescillo Islands, Overlords power, Hydraic Empire, Raghallaigh, Judsoon, Yurdle, Roycroft, Paulotzia, The Republic of IceIceJay, Colsolona, Samudera Darussalam, Celtian, Happy Calculus, Hais, and South grand mountain.