The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Pope Joan with an even hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, public floggings, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 16.966 billion Pope Joaners enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,851 trillion souls a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 226,996 souls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Recognised healthcare professionals treat diabetes with a grain of sugar in a barrel of water, artificial intelligence seeking exciting work are overcome with ennui, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', and loans are available for students from poor families. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pope Joan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Compliance Commission".
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Empire of BoonerTropilis.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, loans are available for students from poor families.
- : Pope Joan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Empire of BoonerTropilis.
- : Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland".
- : Pope Joan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Republic of Helian Republic.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Republic of Helian Republic.
Endorsements Received: 80 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Aevana, Gooblaria, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Ice Hellion, Trollfaceia, Balkania Corp, NGC 6543, Fandavia, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Great Eldaria, Paredonia, Yngaevonia, The Republic of Extreme Fairness, Tomaenia, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Possibly this, Kiosland, Intergalactic Super Pandas, Sartaria, Nippluania, Darbystan, Murden, Ardlandia, Omaha Utopia, Kingdom of Nikolajopolis, Malashaan Colony, Unisteia, Potchen, Athenalion, Gordio, Vulcain, Keyshia, Elizabeth II Windsor, Llananas, Lindef, Kyrokesia, Schengenistas, Altzo and Greater Berenia, Dia Scotia, Chuzitsa, The Vescillo Islands, Hydraic Empire, Raghallaigh, Judsoon, Yurdle, Paulotzia, and 30 others.The Republic of IceIceJay, Samudera Darussalam, Celtian, Happy Calculus, Blaulent, Nordevia, The ZAR realm, NC Freedomtown, Veritaly, The Havon, Barley Planet, ShinChonJi, Valentisa, Stradadin, The Kentads, Akanadia, Baldorium, Noahs Second Country, Isalucia, Fortunica, Morlocks, The European Civilisation, Austristan, Psydrae, South grand mountain, Vorhollah, Trinnien, Vloskia, Helian Republic, and BoonerTropilis.