|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 10.383 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal individuals juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Healthcare, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Soda Sales industries.
There's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, skateparks can be found in every city, and cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the soul.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 7 hours ago: Pope Joan lost the endorsement of The Empire of The Palatine.
- 12 hours ago: Pope Joan's influence in Europeia rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 3 days ago: Pope Joan's influence in Europeia fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Pope Joan was endorsed by The Allied States of Fishhawk.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Pope Joan was endorsed by The Empire of Mantussinia.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Pope Joan was endorsed by The People's Republic of Porto d Anzio.
- 4 days ago: Pope Joan's influence in Europeia rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 4 days ago: Pope Joan was endorsed by The Republic of Union Nation States.
- 5 days ago: Pope Joan's influence in Europeia fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Pope Joan, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.