The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Pope Joan with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, lack of airports, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 16.682 billion Pope Joaners enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,812 trillion souls a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 228,552 souls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, advertisers scramble to sponsor the broadcast of Pope Joan's most personal functions, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father, and the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pope Joan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Invaders".
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Kingdom of Stradadin.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Empire of Ngongo.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Empire of Ngongo.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Kingdom of Stradadin.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Kingdom of Valentisa.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Kingdom of Valentisa.
- : Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Statelessness".
Endorsements Received: 82 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Aevana, Gooblaria, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Ice Hellion, Trollfaceia, Balkania Corp, Meropis, NGC 6543, Fandavia, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Great Eldaria, Paredonia, Yngaevonia, The Republic of Extreme Fairness, Tomaenia, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Possibly this, Kiosland, Intergalactic Super Pandas, Sartaria, Nippluania, Darbystan, Murden, Ardlandia, Matriea, Khorusan, Omaha Utopia, Kingdom of Nikolajopolis, Malashaan Colony, Unisteia, Potchen, Athenalion, Doggyone, Gordio, Vulcain, Keyshia, Elizabeth II Windsor, The Gatewatch, Arvidius, Felanland, Llananas, Lindef, Spagbolopolis, Kyrokesia, Schengenistas, Altzo and Greater Berenia, and 32 others.Dia Scotia, Karkabov, Chuzitsa, Hasbergen, Ablonezia, Ellisjo94, Leinadior, The Vescillo Islands, Hydraic Empire, Raghallaigh, Judsoon, Yurdle, Roycroft, Paulotzia, The Republic of IceIceJay, Colsolona, Samudera Darussalam, Celtian, Happy Calculus, South grand mountain, Blaulent, Nordevia, The ZAR realm, United States of Krypton, NC Freedomtown, Veritaly, The Havon, Barley Planet, ShinChonJi, Valentisa, Stradadin, and Ngongo.