The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, parental licensing program, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 15.625 billion Pope Joaners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,506 trillion souls a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 224,425 souls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, 'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office, anti-government web sites are springing up, and it's always rabbit season. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Free Land of Pichtonia.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, it's always rabbit season.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Pope Joan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vancouvia".
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, 'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Free Land of Pichtonia.
- : Pope Joan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preservation of Artefacts"".
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Pope Joanian Embarrassments.
- : Pope Joan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Arms Transfers".
Endorsements Received: 77 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Aevana, Gooblaria, Fifthland, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Ice Hellion, Bakilior, Glorious Britannian Empire, Trollfaceia, Athorack, Balkania Corp, Meropis, NGC 6543, Fandavia, TheAnton, Arwanezh, Lockerson, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Great Eldaria, Fionima, Islamic Republic Of Aceh, Paredonia, Ossonnoba, United industrial, Vultachia, Royal Denmark, Yevata, Mediocris Imperium, Miasmador, Yngaevonia, The Republic of Extreme Fairness, Gordio, Tomaenia, Haagland, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Marnip, Anglo-Canadian commonwealth, Possibly this, Federation Of Sovereign States, GCMR of Cokeland, Cartalma, Kiosland, Drewsnia, Intergalactic Super Pandas, Westernmost, Pangero, Slavicstonia, and 27 others.Orcish States, Portuguese Lusitania, Etyria, Nasaca, Sartaria, Adenarin, Slumber, Nippluania, Yoghoo, Darbystan, Murden, Ardlandia, Matriea, Scandinavia and Germany, Khorusan, Shadowinia, Dementation, Oblaestein, Omaha Utopia, Kingdom of Nikolajopolis, Arylle, Humanisia, Lulicia, Peoples Republic of Xabia, Rellacrystal, Malashaan Colony, and Pichtonia.