The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 13.791 billion Pope Joaners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,708 trillion souls a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 196,396 souls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Pope Joan-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, graffiti graces every city's streets, and prison visits increase substantially during election years. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pope Joan, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pope Joan, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pope Joan, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preserving Antimicrobials".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Pope Joan, Pope Joan-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the people are furious with the government for allowing citizens to be executed for petty crimes in foreign countries.
- 4 days ago: Pope Joan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Pope Joan, Pope Joan's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- 8 days ago: Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act"".
Endorsements Received: 44 » Mousebumples, Jaccardistan, The Knights who say Neee, Marnuvia, DDAHK, Aevana, Gooblaria, Fifthland, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Peoples Republic of Xabia, Rocea, Ice Hellion, Taniopai, Bakilior, Glorious Britannian Empire, ZenniZisZ, Duckiv, Trollfaceia, Athorack, Balkania Corp, Determined cows, Kaboomlandia, Sri Lankan Caliphate, Bambola, Hu Cares, Meropis, The Bleeding Legion, NGC 6543, Lyubochka, Poquaoi, Italios, North Tandahar, Aerindon, Etyria, Restivar, Consol Energy, Fandavia, Kiosland, TheAnton, The United Yognaughts, CassyStyles, Arwanezh, and Kekerino.