The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, rampant corporate plagiarism, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 13.976 billion Pope Joaners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,848 trillion souls a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 203,821 souls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Pope Joan's schoolchildren are manufactured into a segregated bunch of soldiers, religious zealots, and computer technicians, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The United States of GraVandius.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Republic of Aleixus.
- : Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Pope Joan was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, Pope Joan's schoolchildren are manufactured into a segregated bunch of soldiers, religious zealots, and computer technicians.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Republic of Aleixus.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The United States of GraVandius.
Endorsements Received: 51 » Mousebumples, Jaccardistan, The Knights who say Neee, Marnuvia, DDAHK, Aevana, Gooblaria, Fifthland, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Peoples Republic of Xabia, Rocea, Ice Hellion, Taniopai, Bakilior, Glorious Britannian Empire, Duckiv, Trollfaceia, Athorack, Balkania Corp, Determined cows, Kaboomlandia, Sri Lankan Caliphate, Bambola, Hu Cares, Meropis, The Bleeding Legion, NGC 6543, Lyubochka, Poquaoi, Italios, North Tandahar, Aerindon, Etyria, Restivar, Consol Energy, Fandavia, Kiosland, TheAnton, The United Yognaughts, CassyStyles, Arwanezh, Kekerino, Terravermelho, Lockerson, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Kuramia, Thal Elarri, GraVandius, and 1 other.Aleixus.