The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, deadly medical pandemics, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 14.666 billion Pope Joaners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,991 trillion souls a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 203,942 souls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government has organised a nationwide cull of infected tarepandas, Tarepanda is one of the most popular forenames in Pope Joan, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, and mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pope Joan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The United Socialist Republic of Datlof.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country.
- : Pope Joan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, Tarepanda is one of the most popular forenames in Pope Joan.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the government has organised a nationwide cull of infected tarepandas.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown.
- : Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Kingdom of Benzytes.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Marnuvia, Aevana, Gooblaria, Fifthland, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Ice Hellion, Bakilior, Glorious Britannian Empire, Trollfaceia, Athorack, Balkania Corp, Sri Lankan Caliphate, Meropis, The Bleeding Legion, NGC 6543, Poquaoi, Italios, Etyria, Restivar, Fandavia, Kiosland, TheAnton, The United Yognaughts, Arwanezh, Lockerson, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Kuramia, GraVandius, Aleixus, Larck Fad, Great Eldaria, Fionima, Aexnidaral, Islamic Republic Of Aceh, Malashaan Colony, Black Orchids, Paredonia, Adveniat regnum, Ossonnoba, Trinnien, Ironroch, United industrial, Mavericks Chance, Catochristoferson, SerLizar, Consol Energy, and 18 others.Barlands, Vultachia, Klopsburg, Unrepresented Peoples, Carilsee, Royal Denmark, Yevata, Colenium, Mediocris Imperium, Miasmador, Yngaevonia, The Republic of Extreme Fairness, Gordio, Tomaenia, Haagland, Gooutofhere, Benzytes, and The United Socialist Republic of Datlof.