The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, parental licensing program, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 14.175 billion Pope Joaners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,873 trillion souls a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 202,719 souls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, and city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Federation of Paredonia.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Republic of Yaddradil.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Black Orchids.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Sanrio Paradrise of Malashaan Colony.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Marnuvia, Aevana, Gooblaria, Fifthland, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Peoples Republic of Xabia, Rocea, Ice Hellion, Taniopai, Bakilior, Glorious Britannian Empire, Trollfaceia, Athorack, Balkania Corp, Determined cows, Kaboomlandia, Sri Lankan Caliphate, Bambola, Meropis, The Bleeding Legion, NGC 6543, Poquaoi, Italios, North Tandahar, Aerindon, Etyria, Restivar, Consol Energy, Fandavia, Kiosland, TheAnton, The United Yognaughts, CassyStyles, Arwanezh, Lockerson, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Kuramia, Thal Elarri, GraVandius, Aleixus, Larck Fad, Duncan Isles, Great Eldaria, Fionima, The Neureich, Common-Sense Politics, and 8 others.Great Melanoristan, Aexnidaral, Karin Woodleaves, Islamic Republic Of Aceh, Malashaan Colony, Black Orchids, Yaddradil, and Paredonia.