“Deal with it”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: Free States of Gaia
The Flatulent Bleatings of Pompous Windbags is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord Maximillian with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 22.212 billion Pompous Windbagsians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Windbag. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Automobile Manufacturing.
Graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Pompous Windbags's national animal is the kestrel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the bone.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Pompous Windbags fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 5 days ago: Pompous Windbags rejected a request from Parkerican Lands for an embassy with Free States of Gaia.
- 14 days ago: Pompous Windbags's influence in Free States of Gaia fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 15 days ago: Pompous Windbags's influence in Free States of Gaia rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 18 days ago: Pompous Windbags's influence in Free States of Gaia rose from "Ambassador" to "Contender".
- 33 days ago: Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- 55 days ago: Pompous Windbags's influence in Free States of Gaia rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 73 days ago: Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- 82 days ago: Pompous Windbags rejected a request from Sword and Shield for an embassy with Free States of Gaia.
- 85 days ago: Pompous Windbags's influence in Free States of Gaia fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".