The Flatulent Bleatings of Pompous Windbags is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord Maximillian with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, strictly enforced bedtime, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 23.654 billion Pompous Windbagsians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Windbag. The average income tax rate is 57.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pompous Windbagsian economy, worth a remarkable 7,009 trillion bones a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is an amazing 296,352 bones, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Pompous Windbags's national animal is the kestrel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Pompous Windbags is ranked 5th in Free States of Gaia and 12,142nd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 242 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 8 days ago: Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 8 days ago: Pompous Windbags fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 26 days ago: Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Pompous Windbags fell out of the world Top 1% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 30 days ago: Pompous Windbags rejected a request from Hulon for an embassy with Free States of Gaia.
- 30 days ago: Pompous Windbags fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 60 days ago: Pompous Windbags fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 61 days ago: Pompous Windbags fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 63 days ago: Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 5%).
- 64 days ago: Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 5%).