The Flatulent Bleatings of Pompous Windbags is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord Maximillian with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 23.816 billion Pompous Windbagsians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Windbag. The average income tax rate is 57.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pompous Windbagsian economy, worth a remarkable 7,057 trillion bones a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is an amazing 296,352 bones, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Pompous Windbags's national animal is the kestrel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pompous Windbags fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- : Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 10%).
- : Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Pompous Windbags fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- : Pompous Windbags fell out of the world Top 1% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Pompous Windbags rejected a request from Hulon for an embassy with Free States of Gaia.
- : Pompous Windbags fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.