The Flatulent Bleatings of Pompous Windbags is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord Maximillian with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, prohibition of alcohol, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 26.03 billion Pompous Windbagsians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Windbag. The average income tax rate is 50.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Pompous Windbagsian economy, worth a remarkable 7,856 trillion bones a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is an amazing 301,821 bones, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun, Ollie the Oiled Seal welcomes throngs of tourists to the newly opened Oil Oasis Water Park, and the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Pompous Windbags's national animal is the kestrel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Pompous Windbags was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Pompous Windbags appointed The Constitutional Monarchy of Scandaland as Research Officer with authority over Polls in Free States of Gaia.
- : Pompous Windbags appointed The Champs of Naf Naf as Vice-Delegate with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Free States of Gaia.
- : Pompous Windbags appointed The Crepuscular Crepitations of Brumbys as Diplomacy Officer with authority over Embassies in Free States of Gaia.
- : Pompous Windbags appointed The Tropical Paradise of Clang Island as Security Officer with authority over Border Control in Free States of Gaia.
- : Pompous Windbags granted Executive authority to the WA Delegate The United Kingdom of 11 Templar Knights in Free States of Gaia.
- : Pompous Windbags granted Border Control authority and removed Communications authority from The Crepuscular Crepitations of Brumbys as Communications Officer in Free States of Gaia.
- : Pompous Windbags appointed The Komplainers Kingdom of Rantistan as Communications Officer with authority over Communications in Free States of Gaia.