The Democratic Republic of Pomplamouse is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Grandiose Grand Pomplamouse Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.798 billion Pomplamouseans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Soda Fountain. The average income tax rate is 77.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pomplamousean economy, worth a remarkable 2,145 trillion Balls a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 198,738 Balls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Theoretical science is only theoretical, artists are pillars of society, Humongo-Mart's Beef 'n Honey Badger Lasagne is a hit, and nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pomplamouse's national animal is the Honey Badger, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pomplamouse, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths.
- : Pomplamouse was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Pomplamouse, Humongo-Mart's Beef 'n Honey Badger Lasagne is a hit.
- : Pomplamouse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Pomplamouse voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Arab League".
- : Pomplamouse voted for the World Assembly Resolution "The Rule of Law".
- : Following new legislation in Pomplamouse, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Pomplamouse, theoretical science is only theoretical.
- : Pomplamouse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and Highest Crime Rates and the Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Pomplamouse, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
Endorsements Received: None.