|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Democratic Republic of Pomplamouse is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by The Grandiose Grand Pomplamouse Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 6.771 billion Pomplamouseans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Soda Fountain. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown. Pomplamouse's national animal is the Honey Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Ball.
Most Recent Government Activity: 39 minutes ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pomplamouse, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pomplamouse, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pomplamouse, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Pomplamouse was endorsed by The United States of Freedomstine.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Pomplamouse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 4 days ago: Pomplamouse was endorsed by The Empire of Psycho Cement.
- 4 days ago: Pomplamouse was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 4 days ago: Pomplamouse's influence in Skyrim rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 4 days ago: Pomplamouse was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 4 days ago: Pomplamouse voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".