|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Democratic Republic of Pomplamouse is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Grandiose Grand Pomplamouse Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.5 billion Pomplamouseans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Soda Fountain. The average income tax rate is 86%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Criminals are thrown to the Honey Badgers to repay their debt to society, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, and all tariffs have been abolished. Crime is totally unknown. Pomplamouse's national animal is the Honey Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Ball.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Pomplamouse was endorsed by The Mutant Nation of Psycho Cement.
- 19 hours ago: Pomplamouse's influence in Skyrim rose from "Minnow" to "Contender".
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pomplamouse, all tariffs have been abolished.
- 19 hours ago: Pomplamouse was endorsed by The Hegemony of Redonersa.
- 22 hours ago: Pomplamouse endorsed The Hegemony of Redonersa.
- 22 hours ago: Pomplamouse lodged a message on the Skyrim Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Pomplamouse was endorsed by The Oligarchie of Grantsbourg.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Pomplamouse lodged a message on the Skyrim Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Pomplamouse relocated from The Rejected Realms to Skyrim.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pomplamouse, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly.