“The cold winds may chill us, but our love keeps us warm”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Republic of Polarex is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Bygorzezi Mirov with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.671 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Technor'al. The average income tax rate is 25%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Tourism.
Surveillance cameras are banned, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone, cities are engulfed by smog, and rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million karotes of property damage. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Polarex's national animal is the polar bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the karote.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 9 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Polarex fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Polarex, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million karotes of property damage.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Polarex, cities are engulfed by smog.
- 16 days ago: Polarex was endorsed by The Empire of Octal.
- 16 days ago: Polarex was endorsed by The Clampdown of Kaputer.
- 25 days ago: Polarex was endorsed by The Armed Republic of An Agripan Scout.
- 33 days ago: Polarex was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 44 days ago: Following new legislation in Polarex, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone.
- 44 days ago: Following new legislation in Polarex, surveillance cameras are banned.
- 44 days ago: Following new legislation in Polarex, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
Endorsements Received: 23 » New Cathedra, DWAsnia, Aremark, Freedombourg, Acario, Burtonia WA Embassy, The Catholic Bogside, Lucanda, Derivative, United Angkoria, Microsol, GabeWorld, Poopsancagizal, UNDelegate, Shadow Afforess, Pilotto, Demonslove, Tobakinia, Luthatania, Nazerin, An Agripan Scout, Kaputer, and Octal.