The United Federation of Plisskenstan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Albert Gallatin with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 17.262 billion Plisskenstanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Social Policy and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thingamageek. The average income tax rate is 1.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Plisskenstanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,501 trillion Sponks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 202,827 Sponks, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
Prices fluctuate manically for no fathomable reason, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, and the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Thingamageek. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Plisskenstan's national animal is the Chupacabra, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Plisskenstan was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Stockholm Of Sweden.
- : Plisskenstan was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Plisskenstan, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Thingamageek.
- : Following new legislation in Plisskenstan, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail.
- : Following new legislation in Plisskenstan, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Plisskenstan, prices fluctuate manically for no fathomable reason.
- : Following new legislation in Plisskenstan, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- : Plisskenstan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Plisskenstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- : Plisskenstan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 23 » United Kodiaks, FASTERCAT, GabeWorld, Acario, The United Oman, Aelhaeran, Aurora Islands, Poopsancagizal, Nazerin, Britlandiana, Bharathvarsh, Derivative, UNDelegate, Coltpower, Kaputer, Octal, Itorcya, Bernardigrado, Game Grid, Tol-Sairanarmi, Goldpine, Queimada Grande, and Stockholm Of Sweden.