“Peace and Justice and Liberty”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Republic of Pileusia is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Chancellor James Malick with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.662 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Post Liberté. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Book Publishing.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, bizarre-looking creatures called 'Beardogs' dominate wildlife preserves, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Pileusia's radio stations, and the nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pileusia's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Pileusian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Jon4de85.
- 12 hours ago: Pileusia was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, the nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Pileusia's radio stations.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, bizarre-looking creatures called 'Beardogs' dominate wildlife preserves.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
- 14 hours ago: Pileusia endorsed The High Kingdom of Warre.
- 14 hours ago: Pileusia endorsed The Holy Empire of Jon4de85.
- 16 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The High Kingdom of Warre.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
Endorsements Received: 58 (Lexembourg, Jenesia, Gortagass, Screrefennae, Short shorts, Ivernia, Kureimoa, Eurosceptic Citizens, Malacovia, Nuweland, The Old English Order, Unified Provinces, Stromia, Fenian Provinces, Isle of Kesha, Nou Occitania, Alsted, Mameluco, Nova Res Publica Romanorum, Echo von Cotta, Kingdom Of Brendkurk, The City-State of Vienna, The Seven Provinces, Trasnistria, Chiolena, United Federation of the World, Nova Ardora, Outer Prussia, Voxum Mortalum, Nova Prutenia, Drenetharada, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Palusia, Calacstein, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Socialist Gatavia, United states of Baltic, The Northern Scottish Isles, Veeten Engines, New Skandinavia, Sybaritic Socialists, 101st Wolfpack, Gr4nd3nia, Danworld, An Clar, The House of Rothschild, Saconian, Keris, Lapidotia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Flooderai, Sauv, Anglo-Dutch Union, Albertinum, Scorjthaal, The Fair Republic, Warre, Jon4de85)