“Peace and Justice and Liberty for All”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Republic of Pileusia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Jamison Goretti with an even hand, and renowned for its surprisingly youthful workforce, digital currency, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate population of 6.126 billion Pileusians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Post Liberté. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Pileusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,022 trillion Pileusian Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 166,934 Pileusian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pileusia's national animal is the Pileusian Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Hamland.
- 4 days ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 11 days ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Empire of Prinx.
- 14 days ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 21 days ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- 22 days ago: Pileusia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Keris, Foucaults garden, Outer Prussia, Jenesia, Anoirica, Alsted, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Norse German Federation, Sybaritic Socialists, Kaiserusse, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Marmotien, Multatuli, Dauershire, Linkisheer, The Seven Provinces, Eurosceptic Citizens, Fenian Provinces, Venetoland, The P, Weltbeherrschung, An Clar, Lieges, Sahtiala, Nukls-Andwicz, The Fair Republic, Valrem, The Imperial Plains, Dirz, Ekeren, Melfar, Mameluco, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Stromia, Nuweland, Franco-Korean Empire, Confederate United America, Langworthy, Fauzjhia, Ecclestia, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Achareidh, The United Turkish Nations, Eltania, Incentivonia, Short shorts, Aurulie, and 6 others.Albertinum, Tigyland, Ansington, Outer Sparta, Prinx, and Hamland.