The Federal Republic of Pileusia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chancellor Jamison Goretti with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.304 billion Pileusians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Post Liberté. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Pileusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,043 trillion Pileusian Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 165,502 Pileusian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals, military spending recently hit a new high, and the military is blowing up any threat to employment within the nation. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pileusia's national animal is the Pileusian Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 18 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Democratic Colonial Empire of Imperium Anglorum.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Emirate of Manupolia.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Pileusia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.
- 8 days ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 10 days ago: Pileusia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Godforsaken.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Keris, Foucaults garden, Outer Prussia, Jenesia, Anoirica, Alsted, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Sybaritic Socialists, Kaiserusse, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Marmotien, Multatuli, Dauershire, Linkisheer, The Seven Provinces, Eurosceptic Citizens, Fenian Provinces, Venetoland, Weltbeherrschung, An Clar, Lieges, Sahtiala, Nukls-Andwicz, The Fair Republic, Valrem, The Imperial Plains, Melfar, Mameluco, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Stromia, Nuweland, Franco-Korean Empire, Confederate United America, Fauzjhia, Ecclestia, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Eltania, Incentivonia, Short shorts, Aurulie, Albertinum, Tigyland, Ansington, Outer Sparta, Prinx, Hamland, Wombelland, and 3 others.Polonilandia, Manupolia, and Imperium Anglorum.