“Peace and Justice and Liberty for All”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Republic of Pileusia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Jamison Goretti with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.407 billion Pileusians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Post Liberté. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, notable individuals are granted land and titles, the mob and the police have recently had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Pileusia's cities due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance, and drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pileusia's national animal is the Pileusian Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Pileusian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Pileusia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Versutian Federation".
- 11 days ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Pileusia endorsed The Quinto Império of Novo Portugal.
- 14 days ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Quinto Império of Novo Portugal.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, the mob and the police have recently had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Pileusia's cities due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance.
- 21 days ago: Pileusia changed its national animal to "Pileusian Dove" and its motto to "Peace and Justice and Liberty for All".
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Keris, Foucaults garden, Toongoosia, Outer Prussia, Jenesia, Anoirica, Alsted, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Norse German Federation, Horreum, Marmiedon, Sybaritic Socialists, Beauvoir, Silberia, Kureimoa, Kaiserusse, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Chiolena, Nova Prutenia, Voxum Mortalum, Marmotien, Multatuli, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Dauershire, Veeten Engines, Linkisheer, The Seven Provinces, Eurosceptic Citizens, Fenian Provinces, Venetoland, The P, Weltbeherrschung, An Clar, Walira, Lieges, Sahtiala, Lothairia, Zombie Empire V, Nukls-Andwicz, The Fair Republic, Valrem, Bering, The Imperial Plains, Dirz, Pantoufle, Ekeren, Melfar, Mameluco, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, and 20 others.Stromia, British Isles and Commonwealth Realms, Albertinum, Unicorania, Nuweland, Franco-Korean Empire, Confederate United America, Kazokia, Termunus, Langworthy, Krason, Lenis, IB kingdom, Daircoill, Fauzjhia, Grasaland, Ecclestia, Canopytown, Wintermountain, and Novo Portugal.