The Federal Republic of Pileusia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Chancellor Jamison Goretti with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, unlimited-speed roads, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.495 billion Pileusians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Post Liberté. The average income tax rate is 99.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Pileusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,077 trillion Pileusian Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 165,965 Pileusian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, mollycoddled youths run the country, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pileusia's national animal is the Pileusian Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Eternal Malkan Empire of Nova Luna.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Confederacy of Wundaskenael.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, mollycoddled youths run the country.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 6 days ago: Pileusia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 6 days ago: Pileusia withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
Endorsements Received: 55 » Foucaults garden, Outer Prussia, Jenesia, Alsted, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Sybaritic Socialists, Kaiserusse, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Marmotien, Multatuli, Dauershire, Linkisheer, The Seven Provinces, Eurosceptic Citizens, Fenian Provinces, Venetoland, Weltbeherrschung, An Clar, Lieges, Sahtiala, Nukls-Andwicz, The Fair Republic, Valrem, The Imperial Plains, Melfar, Mameluco, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Stromia, Nuweland, Franco-Korean Empire, Confederate United America, Fauzjhia, Ecclestia, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Eltania, Incentivonia, Short shorts, Aurulie, Albertinum, Tigyland, Ansington, Outer Sparta, Prinx, Hamland, Polonilandia, Manupolia, Imperium Anglorum, and 5 others.Basque Dominion, Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Northern German Federation, Wundaskenael, and Nova Luna.