“Peace and Justice and Liberty”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Republic of Pileusia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Jamison Goretti with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.234 billion Pileusians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Post Liberté. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned, and badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pileusia's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Pileusian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 20 hours ago
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Social Republic of Wintermountain.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Most Pristine Democracy of Canopytown.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Pileusia endorsed The Social Republic of Wintermountain.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Pileusia endorsed The Most Pristine Democracy of Canopytown.
- 10 days ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Ecclestia.
Endorsements Received: 81 » Keris, Foucaults garden, Toongoosia, Outer Prussia, Jenesia, Anoirica, Heusdendaal, Athos and Byzantium, Alsted, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Norse German Federation, Horreum, Marmiedon, Sybaritic Socialists, Beauvoir, Silberia, Kureimoa, Kaiserusse, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Chiolena, Nova Prutenia, Voxum Mortalum, Marmotien, Multatuli, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Dauershire, Veeten Engines, Linkisheer, Nou Occitania, The Seven Provinces, Eurosceptic Citizens, Fenian Provinces, Venetoland, The P, Weltbeherrschung, An Clar, Walira, Lieges, Sahtiala, Science-Oriented Scots, Lothairia, Zombie Empire V, Nukls-Andwicz, The Fair Republic, Valrem, Bering, The Imperial Plains, Dirz, Pantoufle, and 31 others.Ekeren, Estacia, Melfar, Mameluco, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Stromia, British Isles and Commonwealth Realms, Sarmalute, Albertinum, Unicorania, Nuweland, Franco-Korean Empire, Puerto Thelosia, Confederate United America, Kazokia, Peaceful Plains of Duvtopia, Semalia, Termunus, Langworthy, Each-Uisge, Krason, The Empire of Stars, Slovenien, Lenis, IB kingdom, Daircoill, Fauzjhia, Grasaland, Ecclestia, Canopytown, and Wintermountain.