“Peace and Justice and Liberty”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Republic of Pileusia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chancellor Jamison Goretti with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.41 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Post Liberté. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Tourism and Automobile Manufacturing.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, graffiti graces every city's streets, Pileusia's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pileusia's national animal is the Dove, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Pileusian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 11 hours ago
- 16 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The United Islands of Zeckland.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, Pileusia's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Pileusia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Pileusia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 9 days ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 59 » Lexembourg, Jenesia, Short shorts, Ivernia, Kureimoa, Eurosceptic Citizens, Malacovia, Nuweland, Stromia, Fenian Provinces, Nou Occitania, Alsted, Mameluco, Echo von Cotta, The City-State of Vienna, The Seven Provinces, Chiolena, Outer Prussia, Voxum Mortalum, Nova Prutenia, Drenetharada, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Veeten Engines, Sybaritic Socialists, Gr4nd3nia, Saconian, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Scorjthaal, Jon4de85, Science-Oriented Scots, Marmiedon, Greater Konigsberg, Toongoosia, Bylantia, Kaiserusse, Foucaults garden, Tigyland, Domanouq, Vest Franksland, The Fair Republic, Castanos, Pesaro and Urbino, Each-Uisge, Ascara, Marmotien, Carswellia, Empire og Kirgizia, Beauvoir, and 9 others.Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Kingdom of Automobility, Monance, An Clar, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Giuseppe Verdi, Great British Isles and Ireland, and Zeckland.