“Peace and Justice and Liberty”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Republic of Pileusia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chancellor Jamison Goretti with a fair hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.882 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Post Liberté. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Tourism and Automobile Manufacturing.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pileusia's national animal is the Dove, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Pileusian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 2 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Socially Advanced Nation of Ascara.
- 12 hours ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Each-Uisge.
- 18 hours ago: Pileusia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Republic of Aboveland.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Pileusia endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Lexembourg, Jenesia, Short shorts, Ivernia, Kureimoa, Eurosceptic Citizens, Malacovia, Nuweland, Stromia, Fenian Provinces, Nou Occitania, Alsted, Mameluco, Echo von Cotta, The City-State of Vienna, The Seven Provinces, Chiolena, Outer Prussia, Voxum Mortalum, Nova Prutenia, Drenetharada, Indulgence and Ecstasy, The Northern Scottish Isles, Veeten Engines, Sybaritic Socialists, Gr4nd3nia, Saconian, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Scorjthaal, Jon4de85, The Roman Alliance, Science-Oriented Scots, Artotzka, Marmiedon, Norway and Iceland, The Kingdom of Germania, Greater Konigsberg, Toongoosia, New Brussland, Bylantia, Kaiserusse, Strajalands, Foucaults garden, Elborg, Tigyland, Domanouq, Vest Franksland, The Fair Republic, and 8 others.Prussia Bavaria Saxony and Wurttemberg, Castanos, Pesaro and Urbino, Ravenstein, Ancient Dacia, Aboveland, Each-Uisge, and Ascara.