The Federal Republic of Pileusia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Federal Chancellor Jamison Goretti with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.819 billion Pileusians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Poste Liberté. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Pileusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,195 trillion Euros a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 175,301 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The sound of wooden legs echo throughout Pileusia after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and religious figures have been banned from public holidays to make them more multicultural. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pileusia's national animal is the Pileusian Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 9 days ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Alela.
- 10 days ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Empire of Abrutus Etto.
- 11 days ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Union of Mulderanian Empire.
- 11 days ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Limanie.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, religious figures have been banned from public holidays to make them more multicultural.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Pileusia, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age.
- 13 days ago: Pileusia endorsed The Commonwealth of Ligenburg.
- 14 days ago: Pileusia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Pileusia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Ligenburg.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Foucaults garden, Jenesia, Alsted, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Sybaritic Socialists, Kaiserusse, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Marmotien, Multatuli, Dauershire, Linkisheer, The Seven Provinces, Eurosceptic Citizens, Fenian Provinces, Venetoland, Weltbeherrschung, An Clar, Lieges, Sahtiala, Nukls-Andwicz, The Fair Republic, Valrem, The Imperial Plains, Melfar, Mameluco, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Stromia, Nuweland, Franco-Korean Empire, Fauzjhia, Ecclestia, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Eltania, Incentivonia, Short shorts, Aurulie, Albertinum, Tigyland, Ansington, Outer Sparta, Prinx, Hamland, Polonilandia, Manupolia, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Nerds Geeks and Trolls, and 23 others.Northern German Federation, Nova Luna, Pinderia, Achareidh, Insula Funchal, Olua, Imperdur, Europe and Northern Asia, Satan Bear, Wartoc, The German-speaking territories, Lonely Star Nation, The Lair of the Mothman, Forgotton Warriors, Portuguese Explorers, Wundaskenael, Olulandia, United Dragons, Ligenburg, Limanie, Mulderanian Empire, Abrutus Etto, and Alela.