“Always fixing something”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Phyxaville is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 16.231 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although the Environment and Social Welfare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 35%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Phyxaville, motorists' locations are constantly tracked by intelligence and law enforcement agencies, and the government spends millions of doors every year prosecuting spammers. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phyxaville's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Presbyterian, and its currency is the door.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 23 hours ago: Phyxaville was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Phyxaville was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 11 days ago: Phyxaville fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 11 days ago: Phyxaville was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 19 days ago: Phyxaville was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 20 days ago: Phyxaville relocated from Ionia to Pangara.
- 39 days ago: Phyxaville changed its national faith to "Presbyterian".
- 39 days ago: Phyxaville altered its national flag.
- 63 days ago: Phyxaville was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 74 days ago: Phyxaville was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.