“A bird trusts its wings and cares not for the branch”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Omnipotent Power of Phrados is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Retep Pern with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 7.079 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pac. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, Phrados's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, and 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phrados's national animal is the Bong, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Draz.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Phrados was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Phrados was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Phrados was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Mondragonia.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, Phrados's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 8 days ago: Phrados was endorsed by The Taco Autocracy of Benevolent Thomas.
- 10 days ago: Phrados was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Phrados was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Blogotopia, Hayden Island, Dustwind, Achiotopia, Oseus, Heinzeria, Seranis, Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Spadanera, Grungerock, Zyrcrestia, Christian Indonesia, Onarii, Lubnid, Rex Republic, Cammiwoo, Earth Federation, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Stravatia, Northern Koryeo, Cerb, The imperial state of Japan, Kelvinski, Solleana, Biblical Importance, Anollasia, Germanic Unity, Slaytania, Kokkinostan, Wolfhunters, Indian Empire, and Benevolent Thomas.