The Omnipotent Power of Phrados is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Retep Pern with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.277 billion Phradians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pac. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Phradian economy, worth a remarkable 1,269 trillion Drazzes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 123,552 Drazzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes, a new Brasilistani government has become a daily report on the main evening news, and businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phrados's national animal is the Bong, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Phrados, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Phrados, a new Brasilistani government has become a daily report on the main evening news.
- : Following new legislation in Phrados, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
- : Phrados was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Phrados, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores.
- : Following new legislation in Phrados, Retep Pern claims to be the epitome of family values.
- : Following new legislation in Phrados, a performance of the hit musical "Mamma Tua" has been delayed after squatters were found sleeping in the orchestra pit.
- : Phrados was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Phrados was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Phrados was endorsed by The Holy Easter Egg Hunters of Republic of The Enclave.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Dustwind, Achiotopia, Seranis, Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Grungerock, Christian Indonesia, Onarii, Rex Republic, Earth Federation, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, The imperial state of Japan, Kelvinski, Solleana, Slaytania, Wolfhunters, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Testa, Beiluxia, Steidenland, Kokkinostan, Nojia, Blogotopia, Fujisan, The Soylent Green Party, Kevnaria, The United Dog Days Providence, Zeganas, Aersoldorf, Ilha Rongo Koa, Gitchie Manito, The Republic of lkxciv, United Kingdom of Selesnia, UndyingLight, Aipotu Ruo, Wysrod, AmericaIS THE BEST, and New Naprela Islands.