“A phoenix trusts its wings and cares not for the branch”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Omnipotent Power of Phrados is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Retep Pern with an even hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 8.225 billion Phradians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pac. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, loans are available for students from poor families, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal, and voting is voluntary. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phrados's national animal is the Bong, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Draz.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 minutes ago
- 15 hours ago: Phrados was endorsed by The Ramifications of Goat Horns.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, voting is voluntary.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, loans are available for students from poor families.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- 12 days ago: Phrados voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Improving Wordiness".
- 14 days ago: Phrados was endorsed by The GRO wants to sleep of Anime Daisuki.
- 25 days ago: Phrados endorsed The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 26 days ago: Phrados was endorsed by The Community of Aipotu Ruo.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Blogotopia, Hayden Island, Dustwind, Achiotopia, Seranis, Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Grungerock, Christian Indonesia, Onarii, Rex Republic, Earth Federation, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Northern Koryeo, The imperial state of Japan, Kelvinski, Solleana, Anollasia, Slaytania, Kokkinostan, Wolfhunters, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Testa, Beiluxia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Steidenland, Markanite, LARF, Aipotu Ruo, Anime Daisuki, and Goat Horns.