The Omnipotent Power of Phrados is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Retep Pern with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 11.985 billion Phradians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pac. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Phradian economy, worth a remarkable 1,528 trillion Drazzes a year, is highly specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 127,558 Drazzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, the nation's once beautiful countryside have turned brown as farmers spray potent pesticides, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, and the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phrados's national animal is the Bong, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Phrados was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Phrados endorsed The Proto-Utopia of Grimlandia.
- : Phrados was endorsed by The Proto-Utopia of Grimlandia.
- : Phrados endorsed The Bare-It-All Sunny Nation of Siuts.
- : Phrados was endorsed by The Bare-It-All Sunny Nation of Siuts.
- : Phrados was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Phrados was endorsed by The Confederacy of Louisistan.
- : Phrados endorsed The Confederacy of Louisistan.
- : Phrados was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Phrados applied to join the World Assembly.