“A phoenix trusts its wings and cares not for the branch”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Omnipotent Power of Phrados is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Retep Pern with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working population of 8.119 billion Phradians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pac. The average income tax rate is 96%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, skateparks can be found in every city, and Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phrados's national animal is the Bong, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Draz.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 7 days ago: Phrados endorsed The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 8 days ago: Phrados was endorsed by The Community of Aipotu Ruo.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, skateparks can be found in every city.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- 16 days ago: Phrados was endorsed by The Free-Market Frontiers of The Bear Pits.
- 17 days ago: Phrados was endorsed by The Kingdom of LARF.
- 19 days ago: Phrados voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 19 days ago: Phrados voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
Endorsements Received: 35 » Blogotopia, Hayden Island, Dustwind, Achiotopia, Seranis, Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Grungerock, Christian Indonesia, Onarii, Rex Republic, Earth Federation, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Northern Koryeo, The imperial state of Japan, Kelvinski, Solleana, Anollasia, Slaytania, Kokkinostan, Wolfhunters, Coreras, Aeneasia, Mystiquelle, United Order, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Testa, Beiluxia, Samonaemia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Steidenland, Markanite, LARF, and Aipotu Ruo.