“A phoenix trusts its wings and cares not for the branch”Retep Pern
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Omnipotent Power of Phrados is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Retep Pern with a fair hand, and notable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 9.016 billion Phradians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pac. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Phradian economy, worth a remarkable 1,076 trillion Drazzes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 119,389 Drazzes, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
Ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Phrados Blood Tithe, and tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phrados's national animal is the Bong, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 minutes ago
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Phrados was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Phrados was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- 6 days ago: Phrados was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Phrados Blood Tithe.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- 17 days ago: Phrados was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 21 days ago: Phrados was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 35 » Dustwind, Achiotopia, Seranis, Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Grungerock, Christian Indonesia, Onarii, Rex Republic, Earth Federation, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, The imperial state of Japan, Kelvinski, Solleana, Anollasia, Slaytania, Wolfhunters, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Testa, Beiluxia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Steidenland, Markanite, LARF, Aipotu Ruo, Kokkinostan, Nojia, Wysrod, Blogotopia, Zabbar, Fujisan, and The Peach Islands.