The Omnipotent Power of Phrados is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Retep Pern with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.924 billion Phradians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pac. The average income tax rate is 97.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Phradian economy, worth a remarkable 1,225 trillion Drazzes a year, is highly specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 123,507 Drazzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons, and prudishness is on the way out. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phrados's national animal is the Bong, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Phrados was endorsed by The Community of Aipotu Ruo.
- 7 days ago: Phrados was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, prudishness is on the way out.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, the nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, people faint regularly as they get stuck with compulsory vaccinations.
- 38 days ago: Phrados fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 38 days ago: Phrados fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 53 days ago: Phrados was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 40 » Dustwind, Achiotopia, Seranis, Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Grungerock, Christian Indonesia, Onarii, Rex Republic, Earth Federation, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, The imperial state of Japan, Kelvinski, Solleana, Slaytania, Wolfhunters, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Testa, Beiluxia, Steidenland, Kokkinostan, Nojia, Blogotopia, Fujisan, The Soylent Green Party, Kevnaria, The United Dog Days Providence, Zeganas, Aersoldorf, GaultVille, Ilha Rongo Koa, Gitchie Manito, The Republic of lkxciv, West Gensokyo, United Kingdom of Selesnia, UndyingLight, and Aipotu Ruo.