“A phoenix trusts its wings and cares not for the branch”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Omnipotent Power of Phrados is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Retep Pern with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate population of 8.466 billion, 1.305 billion of whom are zombies, Phradians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pac. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, loans are available for students from poor families, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal, and voting is voluntary. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phrados's national animal is the Bong, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Draz.
Phrados is currently considering its options.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Phrados was endorsed by The Zombie Red Republic of -Echolilia-.
- 13 days ago: Phrados was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 18 days ago: Phrados was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 31 days ago: Phrados was endorsed by The Free Society of Kokkinostan.
- 38 days ago: Phrados was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 41 days ago: Phrados was endorsed by The Ramifications of Goat Horns.
- 53 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, voting is voluntary.
- 53 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal.
- 53 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, loans are available for students from poor families.
- 53 days ago: Following new legislation in Phrados, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Blogotopia, Dustwind, Achiotopia, Seranis, Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Grungerock, Christian Indonesia, Onarii, Rex Republic, Earth Federation, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, The imperial state of Japan, Kelvinski, Solleana, Anollasia, Slaytania, Wolfhunters, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Testa, Beiluxia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Steidenland, Markanite, LARF, Aipotu Ruo, Goat Horns, Kokkinostan, and -Echolilia-.