The Omnipotent Power of Phrados is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Retep Pern with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, zero percent divorce rate, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.133 billion Phradians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pac. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Phradian economy, worth a remarkable 1,250 trillion Drazzes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 123,430 Drazzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
The education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, Amnesty Interregional has condemned Phrados for ignoring crimes against humanity, and the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phrados's national animal is the Bong, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Phrados was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- : Phrados was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of New Naprela Islands.
- : Phrados was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : Phrados fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Phrados was endorsed by The Republic of AmericaIS THE BEST.
- : Phrados fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Phrados lost the endorsement of The Protectorate of Oasisa.
- : Phrados was endorsed by The Protectorate of Oasisa.
- : Phrados was endorsed by The Republic of Wysrod.
- : Following new legislation in Phrados, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Dustwind, Achiotopia, Seranis, Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Grungerock, Christian Indonesia, Onarii, Rex Republic, Earth Federation, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, The imperial state of Japan, Kelvinski, Solleana, Slaytania, Wolfhunters, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Testa, Beiluxia, Steidenland, Kokkinostan, Nojia, Blogotopia, Fujisan, The Soylent Green Party, Kevnaria, The United Dog Days Providence, Zeganas, Aersoldorf, GaultVille, Ilha Rongo Koa, Gitchie Manito, The Republic of lkxciv, United Kingdom of Selesnia, UndyingLight, Aipotu Ruo, Wysrod, AmericaIS THE BEST, and New Naprela Islands.