“Iustitia et libertas, omnia rei publicae”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The ACSN
The United Federal Republic of Phoenix2012 is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Vaas Montenegro with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.337 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Phoenix City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Gambling industries.
The public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Phoenix2012's national animal is the Jackal, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the blood dimond.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Phoenix2012 voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Phoenix2012 fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Phoenix2012 was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Phoenix2012 voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Phoenix2012 voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Phoenix2012, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Phoenix2012, shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities.
- 6 days ago: Phoenix2012's influence in The ACSN rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 12 days ago: Phoenix2012 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Phoenix2012 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.