“For The Greater Good”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Megacorporation of Phelanus is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by the Board of Directors with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.992 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals is mainly concerned with Education, although Law & Order and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Phelanis Alpha. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
All tariffs have been abolished, Phelanus's schoolchildren are manufactured into a segregated bunch of soldiers, religious zealots, and computer technicians, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phelanus's national animal is the ZooCorp's Ernie the EagleŠ, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is as defined by the Phelanus Inc Church, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 9 days ago: Phelanus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Phelanus, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 9 days ago: Phelanus endorsed The Federal Republic of Malinka.
- 9 days ago: Phelanus was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Malinka.
- 16 days ago: Phelanus was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 22 days ago: Phelanus endorsed The Beatiful world of Congotar.
- 33 days ago: Phelanus was endorsed by The Beatiful world of Congotar.
- 35 days ago: Phelanus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 44 days ago: Following new legislation in Phelanus, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
- 45 days ago: Phelanus endorsed The Commonwealth of New Sivonia.