“Crush, Oppress, Rinse, Repeat”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: The Federal Union
The Devil-may-care Autocracy of Phaedrus Imperator is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by the High Overlord of the Glorious Empire with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.309 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Citadel. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 84%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.
Guns are banned, all streets are privately owned toll roads, the world outside is only known of in folklore, and military spending is on the increase. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Phaedrus Imperator's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is non-existant, and its currency is the Skraal-e.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 10 hours ago: Phaedrus Imperator was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Phaedrus Imperator, military spending is on the increase.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Phaedrus Imperator, the world outside is only known of in folklore.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Phaedrus Imperator, all streets are privately owned toll roads.
- 7 days ago: Phaedrus Imperator changed its national motto to "Crush, Oppress, Rinse, Repeat".
- 7 days ago: Phaedrus Imperator altered its national flag.
- 35 days ago: Phaedrus Imperator's influence in The Federal Union rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 58 days ago: Phaedrus Imperator lodged a message on the The Federal Union Regional Message Board.
- 76 days ago: Phaedrus Imperator was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- 81 days ago: Phaedrus Imperator was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.