“One death is a tragedy, one million is a statistic.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The United Socialist States of Petrovskas is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Premiere Mikavich with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.543 billion Petrovskasians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Petropavolosk. The average income tax rate is 95%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports industries.
Euthanasia is illegal, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Petrovskas's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Kolish.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 5 days ago: Petrovskas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 5 days ago: Petrovskas was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 6 days ago: Petrovskas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 8 days ago: Petrovskas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Petrovskas's influence in Unitas rose from "Powerbroker" to "Superpower".
- 9 days ago: Petrovskas fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 16 days ago: Petrovskas's influence in Unitas rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Petrovskas, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Petrovskas, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Petrovskas, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter.
Endorsements Received: None.