“Try this thing again”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Free Republic of Petre is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lord Chief with an iron fist, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion. Its compassionate, cynical population of 16.997 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, the Environment, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Presbyterian has been named as Petre's national religion, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, and Lord Chief has just been declared ruler of Petre in an international press conference. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Petre's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Presbyterian, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 12 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 15 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 1%).
- 25 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest.
- 31 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 32 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 40 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 42 days ago: Petre was struck by a Cure Missile from The Dei Gratia Regina of Royal House of Windsor, curing 1 million infected.
- 42 days ago: Petre was struck by a Cure Missile from The Dei Gratia Regina of Royal House of Windsor, curing 163 million infected.
- 42 days ago: Petre's influence in Ancient Lands fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 43 days ago: Petre's influence in Ancient Lands fell from "Hermit" to "Vassal".