“Try this thing again”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Free Republic of Petre is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lord Chief with an iron fist, and notable for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, cynical population of 17.757 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, the Environment, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Presbyterian has been named as Petre's national religion, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, and Lord Chief has just been declared ruler of Petre in an international press conference. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Petre's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Presbyterian, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 31 days ago
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 8 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 18 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 25 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 27 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 30 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 31 days ago: Petre relocated from The Americas to Ancient Lands.
- 33 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 40 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 41 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest.