“Try this thing again”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Americas
The Free Republic of Petre is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lord Chief with an iron fist, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, cynical population of 17.516 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, the Environment, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Presbyterian has been named as Petre's national religion, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, and Lord Chief has just been declared ruler of Petre in an international press conference. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Petre's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Presbyterian, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 22 hours ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 10 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Petre fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 19 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 29 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 31 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 33 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 39 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 40 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.