“Try this thing again”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Queen's State of Petre is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Governor with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service. The compassionate, cynical population of 18.593 billion Petreans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, the Environment, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
None has been named as Petre's national religion, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, and the Governor has just been declared ruler of Petre in an international press conference. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Petre's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 53 days ago
- 10 days ago: Petre fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 30 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 64 days ago: Petre changed its national nation type to "Queen's State", its currency to "betale", and its animal to "deer".
- 64 days ago: Petre altered its national flag.
- 65 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 79 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 100 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 108 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 114 days ago: Petre changed its national leader to "the Governor", its faith to "none", and its nation type to "State".
- 128 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.