The Queen's State of Petre is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Governor with an iron fist, and renowned for its state-planned economy, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The cynical population of 20.433 billion Petreans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Industry, Environment, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 91.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Petrean economy, worth 656 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Automobile Manufacturing industry. Average income is 32,150 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
None has been named as Petre's national religion, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, and the Governor has just been declared ruler of Petre in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Petre's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 12 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 48 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- 49 days ago: Petre fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 69 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 96 days ago: Petre fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 107 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 136 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 149 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 157 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- 161 days ago: Petre was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.