“Welcome to Portugal”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Libertarian Pirate Kingdom of Peteland is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by his imperial majesty the delegate with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.039 billion are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Imperial Palace. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 57%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Gambling.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, Peteland is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, the lowest age at which one can marry has been recently lowered to 12, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Peteland's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Dollar Sterling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 17 days ago: Peteland's influence in Portugal fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- 21 days ago: Peteland's influence in Portugal rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 23 days ago: Peteland's influence in Portugal fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- 25 days ago: Peteland's influence in Portugal rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 28 days ago: Peteland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 34 days ago: Peteland was reclassified from "Benevolent Dictatorship" to "Libertarian Police State".
- 37 days ago: Peteland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 45 days ago: Peteland was endorsed by The People's Republic of Communist Galinea.
- 46 days ago: Peteland's influence in Portugal fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- 51 days ago: Peteland was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Benevolent Dictatorship".