“We are # 1”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The City-State of Petalumadom is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its national health service, public floggings, and museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 16.933 billion Petalumadomians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Industry and Education are also considered important, while Environment and Spirituality aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 1.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Petalumadomian economy, worth a remarkable 3,064 trillion cypresian bills a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 181,005 cypresian bills, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', Bird is one of the most popular forenames in Petalumadom, and the streets are ravaged by murder and violence to prove political points. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Petalumadom's national animal is the bird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 33 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 41 days ago: Petalumadom fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 46 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 50 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 1%).
- 50 days ago: Petalumadom was endorsed by The Liberal Republic of Avirum.
- 51 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 53 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 1%).
- 62 days ago: Petalumadom altered its national flag.
- 63 days ago: Petalumadom fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.