The City-State of Petalumadom is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 17.287 billion Petalumadomians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Industry and Education also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 1.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Petalumadomian economy, worth a remarkable 3,056 trillion cypresian bills a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 176,789 cypresian bills, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', Bird is one of the most popular forenames in Petalumadom, and the streets are ravaged by murder and violence to prove political points. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Petalumadom's national animal is the bird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 9 days ago: Petalumadom endorsed The Poetic Tendencies of Aersoldorf.
- 10 days ago: Petalumadom was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Steamhaven II.
- 11 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 12 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: Petalumadom was endorsed by The Poetic Tendencies of Aersoldorf.
- 18 days ago: Petalumadom was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Ilha Rongo Koa.
- 20 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Petalumadom was endorsed by The Imperial United Republics of Zeganas.
- 24 days ago: Petalumadom was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
Endorsements Received: 13 » The Isle of Tol Eressea, Kelvinski, Aipotu Ruo, Blogotopia, Wysrod, The United Tributational Territories, New gillingham, The Peach Islands, Nojia, Zeganas, Ilha Rongo Koa, Aersoldorf, and Steamhaven II.