“We are # 1”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The City-State of Petalumadom is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 16.702 billion Petalumadomians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining industries.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', Bird is one of the most popular forenames in Petalumadom, and the streets are ravaged by murder and violence to prove political points. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Petalumadom's national animal is the bird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the cypresian bill.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 17 hours ago
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Petalumadom fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 8 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 12 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 1%).
- 12 days ago: Petalumadom was endorsed by The Liberal Republic of Avirum.
- 13 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 1%).
- 24 days ago: Petalumadom altered its national flag.
- 25 days ago: Petalumadom fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 33 days ago: Petalumadom was endorsed by The Parliamentary Monarchy of The United Tributational Territories.
- 33 days ago: Petalumadom was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Zabbar.