“We are # 1”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The City-State of Petalumadom is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, notable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 16.343 billion Petalumadomians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining industries.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', Bird is one of the most popular forenames in Petalumadom, and the streets are ravaged by murder and violence to prove political points. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Petalumadom's national animal is the bird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the cypresian bill.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 21 hours ago
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Petalumadom was endorsed by The Ramifications of Goat Horns.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Petalumadom was endorsed by The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Petalumadom endorsed The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Petalumadom was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Petalumadom applied to join the World Assembly.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Petalumadom relocated from Lazarus to 10000 Islands.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Petalumadom was refounded in Lazarus.
- 22 days ago: Petalumadom ceased to exist.
- 25 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 10%).
- 33 days ago: Petalumadom was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.