The Perpendicular Parallels of Perpendiculous is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Wright Engle with a fair hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, unlimited-speed roads, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 16.649 billion Perpendiculousians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, although Education is also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of 90 Degree Haven. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Perpendiculousian economy, worth a remarkable 7,072 trillion Gold Bullions a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 424,777 Gold Bullions, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,015,432 per year while the poor average 52,832, a ratio of 38.1 to 1.
The automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, and vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Perpendiculous's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Perpendiculous was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- : Perpendiculous was endorsed by The FIRST BANK MUTUAL CREDIT of VETO CORP.
- : Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television.
- : Perpendiculous was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 1%).
- : Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- : Perpendiculous endorsed The Queendom of Tol-Sairanarmi.
- : Perpendiculous was endorsed by The Queendom of Tol-Sairanarmi.
- : Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Perpendiculous was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- : Perpendiculous was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 31 » Lucanda, Freedombourg, Canterburie, United Kodiaks, GabeWorld, Tonakistan, Derivative, Red Snapperstein, Nazerin, Kaputer, The United Oman, Edgemaster, FASTERCAT, Octal, Acario, Scientia Major, Selimiye, Armanduania, Aelhaeran, Coltpower, San Duo, Imren, Poopsancagizal, Bharathvarsh, UNDelegate, Luthatania, Nicovindver, Itorcya, Game Grid, Tol-Sairanarmi, and VETO CORP.