The Perpendicular Parallels of Perpendiculous is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Wright Engle with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 16.304 billion Perpendiculousians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of 90 Degree Haven. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Perpendiculousian economy, worth a remarkable 6,913 trillion Gold Bullions a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 424,018 Gold Bullions, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,751,039 per year while the poor average 67,505, a ratio of 25.9 to 1.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, and citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Perpendiculous's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 21 hours ago
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Perpendiculous endorsed The Free Land of Game Grid.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Perpendiculous was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Avoided (last census: Top 1%).
- 6 days ago: Perpendiculous fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 9 days ago: Perpendiculous was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Perpendiculous was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Perpendiculous was endorsed by The Free Land of Game Grid.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army.
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Lucanda, Freedombourg, Canterburie, United Kodiaks, GabeWorld, Tonakistan, Derivative, Red Snapperstein, The Glorious Bimbolia, Nazerin, Kaputer, The United Oman, Edgemaster, FASTERCAT, Octal, Shakunik, Acario, Scientia Major, Selimiye, Armanduania, Aelhaeran, Coltpower, San Duo, Imren, Poopsancagizal, United NeoSocialist States, Bharathvarsh, UNDelegate, Luthatania, Nicovindver, New Cathedra, Itorcya, and Game Grid.