“Phase 1 Collect Underpants, Phase 2 ?, Phase 3 Profit!”
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Perpendicular Parallels of Perpendiculous is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Wright Engle with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.374 billion Perpendiculousians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of 90 Degree Haven. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Perpendiculousian economy, worth a remarkable 6,520 trillion Gold Bullions a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 424,114 Gold Bullions, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,659,255 per year while the poor average 73,850, a ratio of 22.5 to 1.
All streets are privately owned toll roads, bizarre-looking creatures called 'Phoenixdogs' dominate wildlife preserves, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, and Perpendiculous's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Perpendiculous's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, Perpendiculous's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Perpendiculous endorsed The Empire of Coltpower.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Perpendiculous was endorsed by The Empire of Coltpower.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, psychological disorders are a taboo subject.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, bizarre-looking creatures called 'Phoenixdogs' dominate wildlife preserves.
- 7 days ago: Perpendiculous was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 8 days ago: Perpendiculous was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Perpendiculous was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 1%).
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, all streets are privately owned toll roads.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Lucanda, Freedombourg, Canterburie, United Kodiaks, Volkyan, Burtonia WA Embassy, GabeWorld, Tonakistan, Derivative, UNDelegate, Red Snapperstein, The Glorious Bimbolia, Nazerin, Kaputer, The United Oman, Edgemaster, FASTERCAT, Octal, Shakunik, Acario, Scientia Major, Selimiye, Poopsancagizal, Rovertun, Armanduania, Swaggit Swaggin, Southern Hampshire, Archdiocese of London, Aelhaeran, and Coltpower.