“Phase 1 Collect Underpants, Phase 2 ?, Phase 3 Profit!”
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Perpendicular Parallels of Perpendiculous is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Wright Engle with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 13.634 billion live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of 90 Degree Haven. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Tourism industries.
Travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Perpendiculous's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Capitalism, and its currency is the Gold Bullion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 7 hours ago
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Perpendiculous endorsed The Republic of Gerbasi.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Perpendiculous was endorsed by The Republic of Gerbasi.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Perpendiculous endorsed The Federation of Shakunik.
- 5 days ago: Perpendiculous was endorsed by The Federation of Shakunik.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- 11 days ago: Perpendiculous was endorsed by The Thalassic Empire of the Isle of Caphtoria.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Lucanda, Plisskenstan, Roxie Hart, Gradenk, Freedombourg, Canterburie, United Kodiaks, Takasia, Volkyan, Burtonia WA Embassy, DWAsnia, Aremark, Panageadom, Veno, New Cathedra, GabeWorld, Demonslove, The Lost, Tonakistan, Napoo, Grey Order, Scientia Major, Manussia, Chsemo, Noaniah, Golfisgood, Nationalist Nation, Derivative, UNDelegate, China Of Asia, Eaglais, The Catholic Bogside, Red Snapperstein, Microsol, Poopsancagizal, The Glorious Bimbolia, Nazerin, Kaputer, Shadow Afforess, The United Oman, Pilotto, Germanamerictania, Edgemaster, FASTERCAT, Tobakinia, Theodoran, Luthatania, Oranginia, An Agripan Scout, Octal, and 3 others.Caphtoria, Shakunik, and Gerbasi.