“Phase 1 Collect Underpants, Phase 2 ?, Phase 3 Profit!”
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Perpendicular Parallels of Perpendiculous is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Wright Engle with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 14.26 billion Perpendiculousians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of 90 Degree Haven. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Tourism industries.
Employers may fire workers without giving any reason, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Perpendiculous's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Capitalism, and its currency is the Gold Bullion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 19 hours ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Perpendiculous was endorsed by The Republic of Scientia Major.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- 5 days ago: Perpendiculous was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 1%).
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, Perpendiculous has become a gigantic dustbowl filled with tourists and mean desperados.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Perpendiculous, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Lucanda, Gradenk, Freedombourg, Canterburie, United Kodiaks, Volkyan, Burtonia WA Embassy, Panageadom, New Cathedra, GabeWorld, Demonslove, Tonakistan, Grey Order, Chsemo, Noaniah, Nationalist Nation, Derivative, UNDelegate, China Of Asia, Eaglais, Red Snapperstein, Poopsancagizal, The Glorious Bimbolia, Nazerin, Kaputer, The United Oman, Edgemaster, FASTERCAT, Luthatania, Oranginia, Octal, Caphtoria, Shakunik, Acario, San Duo, DWAsnia, Rolf harris, Libertocria, and Scientia Major.