The Lonely North Winds of Perezonia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Mayor Steven Perez with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 12.169 billion Perezonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Serenity Valley. The average income tax rate is 88.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Perezonian economy, worth 592 trillion drachmas a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 48,669 drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, children deemed 'disorderly' or otherwise unfit for public schools are shipped off to military academies, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Perezonia's national animal is the platypus, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Perezonia, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Perezonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Perezonia, children deemed 'disorderly' or otherwise unfit for public schools are shipped off to military academies.
- : Following new legislation in Perezonia, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Perezonia was endorsed by The Free Land of Valklann.
- : Perezonia endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Kaara Moki.
- : Perezonia was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Kaara Moki.
- : Following new legislation in Perezonia, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.
- : Perezonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Perezonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Brutland and Norden, Karatengisa, Tsunamy, Sandaoguo, Kringalia, Southern Bellz, SJS Republic, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Crusader Imperium, Feirmont, Lolochie, Trelatche, Domzona, Noslendom, Hileville, TCE, Rikuchar, Kaara Moki, and Valklann.