“Per Lucre Ad Astra”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Nomadic Peoples of PepsiCo Space Projects is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.524 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6%. A robust private sector is led by the Gambling, Retail, and Soda Sales industries.
Voting is voluntary, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, the death penalty has been reintroduced, and televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events. Crime is a major problem. PepsiCo Space Projects's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the bottletop.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 10 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 60 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects lodged a message on the Technopolis Regional Message Board.
- 109 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 117 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects lodged a message on the Technopolis Regional Message Board.
- 117 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects relocated from International Democratic Union to Technopolis.
- 131 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- 176 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects relocated from Osiris to International Democratic Union.
- 176 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects was refounded in Osiris.
- 271 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects ceased to exist.
- 1 year 21 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects lodged a message on the Technopolis Regional Message Board.