“Per Lucre Ad Astra”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Nomadic Peoples of PepsiCo Space Projects is a colossal, economically powerful nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 6.175 billion Pepsi-Spacer are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Public Transport and Defense are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.3%.
The powerhouse Pepsi-Spacer economy, worth 300 trillion bottletops a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 48,596 bottletops, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 212,491 per year while the poor average 7,011, a ratio of 30.3 to 1.
Voting is voluntary, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, the death penalty has been reintroduced, and televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. PepsiCo Space Projects's national animal is the eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 51 days ago
- 104 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects's influence in Technopolis rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 106 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects's influence in Technopolis rose from "Minnow" to "Handshaker".
- 108 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects lodged a message on the Technopolis Regional Message Board.
- 164 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects lodged a message on the Technopolis Regional Message Board.
- 164 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects changed its national demonym to "Pepsi-Spacer", its demonym adjective to "Pepsi-Spacer", and its demonym plural to "Pepsi-Spacer".
- 164 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects relocated from Lazarus to Technopolis.
- 164 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects was refounded in Lazarus.
- 164 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects ceased to exist.
- 169 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects's influence in Technopolis fell from "Truckler" to "Minnow".
- 172 days ago: PepsiCo Space Projects's influence in Technopolis rose from "Minnow" to "Truckler".