The Icy Nation of Pengwiniah is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Ashuas Trnalos with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, parental licensing program, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 24.085 billion Pengwiniahns are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sign. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Pengiwiniahian economy, worth a remarkable 4,025 trillion beaks a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 167,134 beaks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Pengwiniah Blood Tithe, government-run brothels can be found on every street corner, women who display their ankles are shunned by society, and long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pengwiniah's national animal is the pengwin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Pengwini-ism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pengwiniah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- : Pengwiniah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 1%).
- : Pengwiniah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Pengwiniah's influence in Antarctica fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Pengwiniah was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 5%).
- : Pengwiniah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- : Pengwiniah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- : Pengwiniah fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Pengwiniah fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Pengwiniah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.