“There, but for the Grace of God, go I”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Socialist States of Peace Strivers is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.074 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Peace Acheived City. The average income tax rate is 81%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister, military funding has been stripped back, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Peace Strivers's national animal is the Duckling, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 4 days ago: Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- 6 days ago: Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 18 days ago: Peace Strivers was refounded.
- 18 days ago: Peace Strivers ceased to exist.
- 47 days ago: Peace Strivers fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 77 days ago: Peace Strivers fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 77 days ago: Peace Strivers fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 100 days ago: Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).