“Who Dat? Who Dat?”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Socialist States of Peace Strivers is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.367 billion Peace Striversians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Peace Acheived City. The average income tax rate is 82%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister, military funding has been stripped back, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Peace Strivers's national animal is the Duckling, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 18 days ago: Peace Strivers changed its national motto to "Who Dat? Who Dat?".
- 18 days ago: Peace Strivers was refounded in Lazarus.
- 267 days ago: Peace Strivers ceased to exist.
- 278 days ago: Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- 278 days ago: Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 287 days ago: Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 304 days ago: Peace Strivers fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 333 days ago: Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 year 1 day ago: Peace Strivers was refounded in Lazarus.
- 1 year 8 days ago: Peace Strivers ceased to exist.