The United Socialist States of Peace Strivers is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its ban on automobiles, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 5.615 billion Peace Striversians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Peace Acheived City. The average income tax rate is 82.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Peace Striversian economy, worth 325 trillion Euros a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 58,047 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister, military funding has been stripped back, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Peace Strivers's national animal is the Duckling, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Peace Strivers's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Largest Welfare Programs, Safest, Most Pacifist, and Best Weather.
- : Peace Strivers changed its national motto to ".".
- : Peace Strivers was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Peace Strivers ceased to exist.
- : Peace Strivers fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- : Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- : Peace Strivers fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Peace Strivers was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).