The Theocracy of Pax Veridium is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Jc Quirong with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 5.759 billion Pax Veridians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of In Deo confidimus City. The average income tax rate is 82.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Pax Veridian economy, worth 374 trillion Green Silvers a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 65,049 Green Silvers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Organ donation rates have hit a new low, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pax Veridium's national animal is the Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Pax Veridium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Pax Veridium was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Petria fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 12 days ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Petria rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 14 days ago: Pax Veridium fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 16 days ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Petria rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 17 days ago: Pax Veridium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 18 days ago: Pax Veridium endorsed The Grand Duchy of San Juan de Sinka.
- 20 days ago: Pax Veridium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 23 days ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Petria fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
Endorsements Received: 1 » San Juan de Sinka.