“Nulla dies sine linea”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: Coalition of Catholic States
The Theocracy of Pax Veridium is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Jc Quirong with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate population of 4.516 billion Pax Veridiumians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, the Environment, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of In Deo confidimus City. The average income tax rate is 85%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Genetic researchers have been expelled, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, and police officers ride the swiftest Doves. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pax Veridium's national animal is the Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Green Silver.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 9 days ago: Pax Veridium was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: #1).
- 13 days ago: Pax Veridium was endorsed by The United Provinces of Santa Bernarda.
- 17 days ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 22 days ago: Pax Veridium was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Nolor.
- 29 days ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Coalition of Catholic States fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 29 days ago: Pax Veridium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 30 days ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 32 days ago: Pax Veridium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 34 days ago: Pax Veridium was endorsed by The Catholic Democracy of Lord solaris.
- 39 days ago: Pax Veridium was endorsed by The Queendom of Elanore.