The Theocracy of Pax Veridium is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Jc Quirong with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 5.895 billion Pax Veridians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of In Deo confidimus City. The average income tax rate is 81.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Pax Veridian economy, worth 383 trillion Green Silvers a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 65,133 Green Silvers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Organ donation rates have hit a new low, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pax Veridium's national animal is the Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 12 hours ago: Pax Veridium was endorsed by The Sultanate of Granada-Alhambra.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Petria rose from "Auxiliary" to "Instigator".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Petria rose from "Envoy" to "Auxiliary".
- 4 days ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Petria rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 16 days ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Petria rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 20 days ago: Pax Veridium was endorsed by The Holy Catholic Federation of Aquilaris.
- 22 days ago: Pax Veridium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 24 days ago: Pax Veridium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 29 days ago: Pax Veridium was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 33 days ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Petria fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Granada-Alhambra.