“Nulla dies sine linea”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: Coalition of Catholic States
The Theocracy of Pax Veridium is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Jc Quirong with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate population of 5.167 billion Pax Veridians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, the Environment, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of In Deo confidimus City. The average income tax rate is 85%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, police officers ride the swiftest Doves, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pax Veridium's national animal is the Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Green Silver.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Pax Veridium, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 15 days ago: Pax Veridium fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 29 days ago: Pax Veridium changed its national demonym to "Pax Veridian" and its demonym adjective to "Pax Veridian".
- 29 days ago: Pax Veridium relocated from Osiris to Coalition of Catholic States.
- 29 days ago: Pax Veridium was refounded in Osiris.
- 30 days ago: Pax Veridium ceased to exist.
- 38 days ago: Pax Veridium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 55 days ago: Pax Veridium was endorsed by The Catholic-Islamic Alliance of Adam Seamus.
- 57 days ago: Pax Veridium's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 58 days ago: Pax Veridium was endorsed by The Empire of Synaxis.