The Federal Commonwealth of Pax Aurea is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Gaius Proctus with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 18.284 billion Aureans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Industry, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Defense isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pacifica. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Aurean economy, worth a remarkable 7,500 trillion Aurean Marks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 410,218 Aurean Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is seen to favor Catholics, nude art is becoming wildly popular, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, and Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme. Crime is totally unknown. Pax Aurea's national animal is the wild cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Council of World Religions.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pax Aurea voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Material Safeguards".
- : Following new legislation in Pax Aurea, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme.
- : Following new legislation in Pax Aurea, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : Following new legislation in Pax Aurea, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Pax Aurea lost the endorsement of The Republic of 1Whitehill.
- : Following new legislation in Pax Aurea, the government is seen to favor Catholics.
- : Pax Aurea withdrew its endorsement from The Republic of 1Whitehill.
- : Following new legislation in Pax Aurea, police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races.
- : Pax Aurea voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Following new legislation in Pax Aurea, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Kryuland, Cenabum, Marrakechia, Occoron, New Arpad, Halsberg, Nouvelle Picardie, Duxburian Union, Satelight, Miraco, Benha, United Peoples Republic of Lewisham, --Aleutia--, BirdIsland, Abalucia, and Kramis.