The Theocratic People's Republic of Patricant is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Wang Jingdu with an even hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 6.863 billion Patricantians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Waldo. The average income tax rate is 84.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Patricantian economy, worth 337 trillion Tereses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 49,217 Tereses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, an enormous health awareness programme is underway, and strategic bombers are being converted into preschools. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Patricant's national animal is the Motta Snake, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Patricant was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- : Patricant was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Patricant's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Patricant's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Patricant's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Patricant was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Patricant ceased to exist.
- : Patricant was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Patricant was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Patricant was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.