“To serve, to glorify, to thrive.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Theocratic People's Republic of Patricant is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Wang Jingdu with an even hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate population of 6.117 billion Patricantians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Waldo. The average income tax rate is 82%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, an enormous health awareness programme is underway, and strategic bombers are being converted into preschools. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Patricant's national animal is the Motta Snake, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Teres.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Patricant was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 20 days ago: Patricant's influence in Hollywood rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 35 days ago: Patricant was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- 53 days ago: Patricant fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 76 days ago: Patricant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Hobbesistan".
- 76 days ago: Patricant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sustainable Tourism Directive".
- 120 days ago: Patricant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 125 days ago: Patricant relocated from United Socialist Republics to Hollywood.
- 125 days ago: Patricant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Moratorium on Animal Testing".
- 143 days ago: Patricant was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: None.