The Theocratic People's Republic of Patricant is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Wang Jingdu with an even hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, parental licensing program, and daily referendums. The compassionate, devout population of 6.444 billion Patricantians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Waldo. The average income tax rate is 83.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Patricantian economy, worth 317 trillion Tereses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 49,257 Tereses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, an enormous health awareness programme is underway, and strategic bombers are being converted into preschools. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Patricant's national animal is the Motta Snake, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 5 days ago: Patricant was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 5 days ago: Patricant was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 14 days ago: Patricant was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 15 days ago: Patricant was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 16 days ago: Patricant lost the endorsement of The Holy Empire of Badaceria.
- 16 days ago: Patricant approved the World Assembly proposal "Infectious Disease Control".
- 16 days ago: Patricant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Forever Fields".
- 16 days ago: Patricant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cooperation in Science Act"".
- 16 days ago: Patricant withdrew its endorsement from The Holy Empire of Badaceria.
- 17 days ago: Patricant seized the position of Africa WA Delegate from The Holy Empire of Badaceria.