“To serve, to glorify, to thrive.”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Theocratic People's Republic of Patricant is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Wang Jingdu with an even hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. The compassionate population of 6.173 billion Patricantians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Waldo. The average income tax rate is 82%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, an enormous health awareness programme is underway, and strategic bombers are being converted into preschools. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Patricant's national animal is the Motta Snake, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Teres.
Most Recent Government Activity: 32 days ago
- 9 days ago: Patricant was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- 13 days ago: Patricant was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 30 days ago: Patricant's influence in Hollywood rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 45 days ago: Patricant was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- 63 days ago: Patricant fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 86 days ago: Patricant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Hobbesistan".
- 86 days ago: Patricant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sustainable Tourism Directive".
- 130 days ago: Patricant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 135 days ago: Patricant relocated from United Socialist Republics to Hollywood.
- 135 days ago: Patricant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Moratorium on Animal Testing".
Endorsements Received: None.