The Theocratic People's Republic of Patricant is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Wang Jingdu with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 6.66 billion Patricantians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Waldo. The average income tax rate is 84.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Patricantian economy, worth 328 trillion Tereses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 49,337 Tereses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, an enormous health awareness programme is underway, and strategic bombers are being converted into preschools. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Patricant's national animal is the Motta Snake, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 52 days ago
- 5 days ago: Patricant was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- 9 days ago: Patricant was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 27 days ago: Patricant was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 31 days ago: Patricant fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 32 days ago: Patricant was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Amharaland.
- 34 days ago: Patricant fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 41 days ago: Patricant was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 41 days ago: Patricant was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 50 days ago: Patricant was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 51 days ago: Patricant was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.