The Southern Empire of Patagonien is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its smutty television, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 13.891 billion Patagonians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Education, although Law & Order, Environment, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ushuaia. The average income tax rate is 24.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Patagonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,761 trillion pesos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 126,811 pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, men avoid even so much as looking at female colleagues, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, and prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Patagonien's national animal is the guanaco, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured and the Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates and Most Efficient Economies.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and the Top 10% for Safest, Most Rebellious Youth, and Highest Average Incomes.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and Safest.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments, Most Advanced Public Education, and Largest Populations.
- : Patagonien's influence in Deutschland rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry, Largest Information Technology Sector, and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 10% for Safest.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.