The Southern Empire of Patagonien is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 12.985 billion Patagonians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Education, although Law & Order, Environment, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ushuaia. The average income tax rate is 24.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Patagonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,646 trillion pesoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 126,811 pesoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, men avoid even so much as looking at female colleagues, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, and prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Patagonien's national animal is the guanaco, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry, Largest Information Technology Sector, and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 10% for Safest.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Patagonien's influence in Deutschland rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and the Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments, Most Developed, Largest Retail Industry, and Most Cultured.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Patagonien fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.