The Southern Empire of Patagonien is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 12.208 billion Patagonians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Education, although Law & Order, Environment, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ushuaia. The average income tax rate is 23.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Patagonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,549 trillion pesoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 126,943 pesoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want, and it's always rabbit season. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Patagonien's national animal is the guanaco, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Average.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- : Patagonien fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Patagonien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "To Prevent Dangerous Debris".
- : Patagonien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Travelling Region".
- : Patagonien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Patagonien was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Typhootania.
- : Patagonien was struck by a Cure Missile from The Holy Empire of Typhootania, curing 1 million infected.