The Most Serene Republic of Pastia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by rikusa with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.908 billion Pastians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pasa. The average income tax rate is 67.5%.
The powerhouse Pastian economy, worth 461 trillion Pasian Lears a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 94,024 Pasian Lears, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
Artists are pillars of society, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, and the Pastian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pastia's national animal is the unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pastia's influence in Byzantine rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Pastia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Pastia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Pastia's influence in Byzantine rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Pastia lodged a message on the Byzantine Regional Message Board.
- : Pastia relocated from Conglomeracy to Byzantine.
- : Pastia relocated from Byzantine to Conglomeracy.
- : Pastia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Pastia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Pastia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.