The Democratic Republic of Parti Ouvrier is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the working class with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, strictly enforced bedtime, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 10.777 billion Parti Ouvrierians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ouvrier. The average income tax rate is 81.3%.
The all-consuming Parti Ouvrierian economy, worth 719 trillion the credits a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 66,748 the credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the POBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, and the newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat. Crime is totally unknown. Parti Ouvrier's national animal is the worker, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Parti Ouvrier's influence in Das Kommune rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Parti Ouvrier fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Parti Ouvrier fell out of the regional Top 5% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
- : Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Parti Ouvrier fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Parti Ouvrier fell out of the regional Top 5% for Best Weather.