The Democratic Republic of Parti Ouvrier is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by the working class with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 10.139 billion Parti Ouvrierians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ouvrier. The average income tax rate is 81.3%.
The all-consuming Parti Ouvrierian economy, worth 676 trillion the credits a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 66,748 the credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the POBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, and the newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat. Crime is totally unknown. Parti Ouvrier's national animal is the worker, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Parti Ouvrier's influence in Das Kommune fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 4 days ago: Parti Ouvrier fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 5 days ago: Parti Ouvrier's influence in Das Kommune rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 5 days ago: Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 16 days ago: Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 17 days ago: Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Parti Ouvrier fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 20 days ago: Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
- 25 days ago: Parti Ouvrier lodged a message on the Das Kommune Regional Message Board.