The Democratic Republic of Parti Ouvrier is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the working class with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.931 billion Parti Ouvrierians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ouvrier. The average income tax rate is 81.3%.
The all-consuming Parti Ouvrierian economy, worth 796 trillion the credits a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 66,748 the credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the POBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, and the newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat. Crime is totally unknown. Parti Ouvrier's national animal is the worker, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- : Parti Ouvrier's influence in The Red and Black rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Parti Ouvrier's influence in The Red and Black rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Parti Ouvrier's influence in The Red and Black rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Parti Ouvrier relocated from The Rejected Realms to The Red and Black.
- : Parti Ouvrier was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- : Parti Ouvrier's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Parti Ouvrier's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Parti Ouvrier relocated from The Internationale to The Rejected Realms.
- : Parti Ouvrier was ejected from The Internationale by The Socialist State of Irish Peoples Republic.