The Grand Duchy of Paros Island is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 16.74 billion Paros Islandians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.5%.
The powerhouse Paros Islandian economy, worth 941 trillion euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Pizza Delivery, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 56,246 euros, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 192,968 per year while the poor average 12,032, a ratio of 16.0 to 1.
UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Paros Island's national animal is the fish, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Paros Island proposed constructing embassies between Greek Islands and Freecomunism.
- : Paros Island proposed constructing embassies between Greek Islands and Free State of Wisconsin.
- : Paros Island proposed constructing embassies between Greek Islands and The Waters of Lethe.
- : Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).
- : Paros Island fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Paros Island agreed to construct embassies between Greek Islands and Philippine wing islands.
- : Paros Island fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.