The Grand Duchy of Paros Island is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 17.161 billion Paros Islandians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.5%.
The powerhouse Paros Islandian economy, worth 965 trillion euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Pizza Delivery, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 56,246 euros, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 192,968 per year while the poor average 12,032, a ratio of 16.0 to 1.
UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Paros Island's national animal is the fish, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Paros Island agreed to construct embassies between Greek Islands and Xanadu.
- : Paros Island's influence in Greek Islands rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Paros Island agreed to construct embassies between Greek Islands and The Utopian Freesocialists.
- : Paros Island agreed to construct embassies between Greek Islands and Free Trade Zone.
- : Paros Island lodged a message on the Greek Islands Regional Message Board.
- : Paros Island updated the World Factbook entry in Greek Islands.
- : Paros Island agreed to construct embassies between Greek Islands and Greece.
- : Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.