The Grand Duchy of Paros Island is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 16.61 billion Paros Islandians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.5%.
The powerhouse Paros Islandian economy, worth 934 trillion euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Pizza Delivery, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 56,246 euros, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 192,968 per year while the poor average 12,032, a ratio of 16.0 to 1.
UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Paros Island's national animal is the fish, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 14 hours ago
- 9 days ago: Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 29 days ago: Paros Island proposed constructing embassies between Greek Islands and Freecomunism.
- 29 days ago: Paros Island proposed constructing embassies between Greek Islands and Free State of Wisconsin.
- 29 days ago: Paros Island proposed constructing embassies between Greek Islands and The Waters of Lethe.
- 52 days ago: Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).
- 78 days ago: Paros Island fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 104 days ago: Paros Island agreed to construct embassies between Greek Islands and Philippine wing islands.
- 111 days ago: Paros Island fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 132 days ago: Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 139 days ago: Paros Island lodged a message on the Greek Islands Regional Message Board.