|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Greek Islands
The Grand Duchy of Paros Island is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 15.684 billion Paros Islandians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.5%.
The powerhouse Paros Islandian economy, worth 882 trillion euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Pizza Delivery, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 56,246 euros, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 192,968 per year while the poor average 12,032, a ratio of 16.0 to 1.
UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Paros Island's national animal is the fish, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 32 days ago
- 6 days ago: Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 6 days ago: Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 53 days ago: Paros Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed.
- 55 days ago: Paros Island agreed to construct embassies between Greek Islands and Iura Pecunia et libertas.
- 76 days ago: Paros Island agreed to construct embassies between Greek Islands and Star Cluster RU1804.
- 89 days ago: Paros Island fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 95 days ago: Paros Island fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 99 days ago: Paros Island fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 108 days ago: Paros Island's influence in Greek Islands rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 127 days ago: Paros Island's influence in Greek Islands rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".