|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Greek Islands
The Grand Duchy of Paros Island is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 14.868 billion Paros Islandians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Paros Island's national animal is the fish, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 11 hours ago
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Paros Island proposed constructing embassies between Greek Islands and The War Torn Land of Crimson Dawn.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 80 days ago: Paros Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 80 days ago: Paros Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 92 days ago: Paros Island granted posting privileges on the Greek Islands Message Board to Delegates and Founders of embassy regions.
- 95 days ago: Paros Island fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 124 days ago: Paros Island fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 130 days ago: Paros Island fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- 161 days ago: Paros Island's influence in Greek Islands rose from "Dealmaker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 168 days ago: Paros Island fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.