“The hills of ParrrrTay are staggering!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Pubs of Parkplace is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 21.525 billion Parkplaceans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although the Environment and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of ParrrrTay City. The average income tax rate is 69%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools, there is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, and extreme political groups are outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Parkplace's national animal is the Chocolate Snow Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Daquires.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Parkplace was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Parkplace voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Parkplace was endorsed by The Republic of Westgothia.
- 4 days ago: Parkplace endorsed The Republic of Westgothia.
- 4 days ago: Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 6 days ago: Parkplace lodged a message on the Canada Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
- 7 days ago: Parkplace fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 7 days ago: Parkplace was endorsed by The Free Land of San Francesco Bay.
- 7 days ago: Parkplace fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Cowland5, Kiljarit, SLAM-ER, SetiCrunchers, Esselldee, Almonaster Nuevo, Mojaguay, Ambrok, Omnivorous, Devil Heart, Aslanistan, Laughterandsunshine, Vancili, Kartok, Faxenland, Mother Rome, Higsantium, Guelphia, Formic, Goose-ada, Wild Mustanges, Tigults, Gary Neville, South Pezalia, Lardon Atya, Rhuztovkia, Jamberry, Firefights, Stormaen, Turrican, Ayvuir, Mississippi Islands, Raincouver, New Vinland, A Lee Project, Aboriginal Sailors of Hudson Bay, Wolfgangmn, Auq, Drummond and Elmsley, Lutsen, San Francesco Bay, and Westgothia.