“The hills of ParrrrTay are staggering!”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Pubs of Parkplace is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 20.174 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although the Environment and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of ParrrrTay City. The average income tax rate is 61%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, the people of Parkplace are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, and voting is voluntary. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Parkplace's national animal is the Chocolate Snow Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Daquires.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Parkplace, voting is voluntary.
- 5 days ago: Parkplace voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 6 days ago: Parkplace endorsed The Protectorate of Adw4111.
- 7 days ago: Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 9 days ago: Parkplace voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- 9 days ago: Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- 10 days ago: Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 11 days ago: Parkplace endorsed The United Kingdom of Canada and Antarctica.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Cowland5, Kiljarit, SLAM-ER, SetiCrunchers, Esselldee, Almonaster Nuevo, Orthus Mundus, Mojaguay, Lidyn, Ambrok, Omnivorous, TurtDadon, Devil Heart, Aslanistan, Ecans, Firefights, Laughterandsunshine, Vancili, Transylvantarcticanada, Kartok, Faxenland, The Willing, Billy Joel, Ishmiel, Alterrum, Whimms, Southern Quebec, Boreal Tundra WA Admin, Mother Rome, Canadian Eggplants, Mesocricetus Auratus Peninsula, Greatest Vietnam, Explosionstan, Eastcrest Blight, Hexxit, UN-NAMED, Ellsmeraland, Higsantium, Guelphia, Formic, Gibile, Raincouver, Camdon, and The Nationals.