“The hills of ParrrrTay are staggering!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Pubs of Parkplace is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 20.405 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although the Environment and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of ParrrrTay City. The average income tax rate is 65%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and all beauty contests have been banned. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Parkplace's national animal is the Chocolate Snow Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Daquires.
Most Recent Government Activity: 47 minutes ago
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Parkplace was endorsed by The Dominion of Goose-ada.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Parkplace endorsed The Dominion of Goose-ada.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Parkplace was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 5 days ago: Parkplace voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 5 days ago: Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 5 days ago: Parkplace was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Parkplace, all beauty contests have been banned.
- 5 days ago: Parkplace endorsed The Mostly Harmless Democracy of Everything Everywhere.
- 6 days ago: Parkplace was endorsed by The Mostly Harmless Democracy of Everything Everywhere.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Cowland5, Kiljarit, SLAM-ER, SetiCrunchers, Esselldee, Almonaster Nuevo, Orthus Mundus, Mojaguay, Lidyn, Ambrok, Omnivorous, TurtDadon, Devil Heart, Aslanistan, Ecans, Firefights, Laughterandsunshine, Vancili, Kartok, Faxenland, The Willing, Billy Joel, Ishmiel, Alterrum, Southern Quebec, Boreal Tundra WA Admin, Mother Rome, Canadian Eggplants, Greatest Vietnam, Explosionstan, Eastcrest Blight, Hexxit, Ellsmeraland, Higsantium, Guelphia, Formic, Gibile, Raincouver, The Nationals, Acadienne, Athabasca Sands, Rhuztovkia, Wolfgangmn, TreacleMine Road, Vidit, Everything Everywhere, and Goose-ada.