“The hills of ParrrrTay are staggering!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Pubs of Parkplace is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 21.386 billion Parkplaceans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although the Environment and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of ParrrrTay City. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Parkplace's national animal is the Chocolate Snow Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Daquires.
Most Recent Government Activity: 81 minutes ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Parkplace voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Arms Protocol".
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Parkplace was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Parkplace, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.
- 9 days ago: Parkplace endorsed The Free Land of Lutsen.
- 10 days ago: Parkplace was endorsed by The Free Land of Lutsen.
- 11 days ago: Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 11 days ago: Parkplace voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 13 days ago: Parkplace endorsed The Unified Nations of Drummond and Elmsley.
- 13 days ago: Parkplace was endorsed by The Unified Nations of Drummond and Elmsley.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Parkplace, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Cowland5, Kiljarit, SLAM-ER, SetiCrunchers, Esselldee, Almonaster Nuevo, Mojaguay, Ambrok, Omnivorous, Devil Heart, Aslanistan, Laughterandsunshine, Vancili, Kartok, Faxenland, Mother Rome, Eastcrest Blight, Higsantium, Guelphia, Formic, Gibile, Goose-ada, Wild Mustanges, Nordcentria, Tigults, Gary Neville, South Pezalia, Ars Witherward, Lardon Atya, Rhuztovkia, Jamberry, Firefights, Stormaen, Turrican, Ayvuir, Mississippi Islands, Raincouver, San Francesco Bay, New Vinland, A Lee Project, Aboriginal Sailors of Hudson Bay, Wolfgangmn, Auq, Drummond and Elmsley, and Lutsen.